Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had to find out what all the noise was about.

jim tn

Simplex noise, that is.

My wife asked me after I got home from detecting today what I wanted for my birthday, which is next week. I kind of jokingly said, "two new detectors." She promptly replied, " the two detectors you have that you mentioned you were thinking about selling, use those two for trade and get the two new ones you want. And, happy birthday." So, I promptly got in touch with one of the forum sponsors and now have a Simplex package coming, which also includes the SP 24 coil. And, one of those down under SMF models, as well. It's gonna be a fun summer. You all be safe and take care. HH jim tn

Awesome Jim I am looking forward to seeing how you get along with the Simplex. I just got one myself and haven't had a chance to use it.

I got the same package deal Jim. It is a really good detector for the money. Something to ponder...........this is my second Simplex. The first one had version 2.68 software which I did not care for. I updated it to 2.77 which I really like. This new one had 2.78 software which I really, really do not care for. Way to chatty in the slightest EMI and just too much background noise like there is a baseline threshold that is out of control. I got online and reverted the new one back to 2.77. Now I have a smooth running, deeper and more stable Simplex. If you got a Vanquish to go along with the Simplex.........you now have the ultimate budget cost (but not budget detecting quality) detector combo. The Simplex in Field, All Metal and especially Park 1 is a really fast detector and the Vanquish is really deep and accurate. Both are a joy to operate and swing.

Reactions: tvr
I couldn’t resist the 2-coil offer either, especially with free shipping and an extra 10% discount on top of it. Blew the savings on carbon fiber lower stem as I hear the stock one is like licorice in summer heat.

I got the same package deal Jim. It is a really good detector for the money. Something to ponder...........this is my second Simplex. The first one had version 2.68 software which I did not care for. I updated it to 2.77 which I really like. This new one had 2.78 software which I really, really do not care for. Way to chatty in the slightest EMI and just too much background noise like there is a baseline threshold that is out of control. I got online and reverted the new one back to 2.77. Now I have a smooth running, deeper and more stable Simplex. If you got a Vanquish to go along with the Simplex.........you now have the ultimate budget cost (but not budget detecting quality) detector combo. The Simplex in Field, All Metal and especially Park 1 is a really fast detector and the Vanquish is really deep and accurate. Both are a joy to operate and swing.
Thank you for the info. Mine hasn't arrived yet and thus wondering if the software version shows when the detector is turned on? I'll probably have the same question on the Nox, too.
I couldn’t resist the 2-coil offer either, especially with free shipping and an extra 10% discount on top of it. Blew the savings on carbon fiber lower stem as I hear the stock one is like licorice in summer heat.
Not to happy to hear that about the lower rod!!!!!!! HH jim tn

Thank you for the info. Mine hasn't arrived yet and thus wondering if the software version shows when the detector is turned on? I'll probably have the same question on the Nox, too.

Not to happy to hear that about the lower rod!!!!!!! HH jim tn
The Simplex software version will be displayed at the bottom left of the screen on startup.
Nokta Makro is shipping the current Simplex batch with a little black plug that is inserted into the top of the lower shaft. With the smaller coil attached the lower shaft is not nearly as flexible. I haven't tried the large stock coil yet.

Good feed back on experiences with software versions. I want to get a Simplex. but have not yet. ... wife and I are trying to trim down on stuff as we are planing to move when she retires at the end of this year ... and I already have, I think, 14 detectors.

Simplex and Nox 600 arrived about 6:30p. Between finishing dinner, unpacking and assembling the Simplex, I had just about enough time, after glancing at the manual to see which button was the on/off one, to throw a few coins on the ground before it got dark. Checked out both coils, both work and didn't detect any noticeable wobble in the lower shaft with the large coil on. Mine has version 2.78 software. Got a nice trashy old park going to try it out on tomorrow with the sp 24 coil mounted. Going to have to do a rain dance pretty soon, though. HH jim tn