Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Handfull of Civil War Bullets today ...Some were DEEP!!!

Keith Southern

Found a small spot at the head of a spring today...few busted horseshoes started showing up then some 3 ringer's...and 1 Smith carbine Bullet...also a Chewed Bullet..Look at those teeth marks on it..

DEUS was running smooth!!
Keith

Very nice! What program were you running and what frequency were you in? Also what range did the bullets fall in? Thanks for the info and thanks for sharing. HH -Marc

nice finds.

Keith Southern said:
Found a small spot at the head of a spring today...few busted horseshoes started showing up then some 3 ringer's...and 1 Smith carbine Bullet...also a Chewed Bullet..Look at those teeth marks on it..

DEUS was running smooth!!
Keith

Nice! Stock 9" coil?

Yes Bart I was using the stock 9 inch coil....I have no big coil ..

Thank's

Keith

Hey Marc...

I was in Keith's program....well thats what I labeled it any way LOL!!!

Basically I was set up for deep hunting since this was open wood's...I was on 12Khz for more all around appeal to high and low conductor's.[In iron sites that is hunted to death I opt for 18Khz].I had slowed the reactivity to 1 and had the silencer on zero...Iron volume on 4 for better alert to it while walking through the wood's...Audio report turned up to enhance the deep target's....the dirt was calling for 87 ground bal...I was on 79....gives a little more punch into the soil when it's lower... noisier but more depth. 2 transmit power.once I started finding the lead after awhile switched my freq to 8...I dug a couple at the 11 inch mark....I switched back to a audio report of 2 because there was some surface .22 lead that was causing me problem's ...when I switched around the audio report I could hear the surface .22 lead louder than the nuanced deep drawn out 3 ringer's..The deep stuff on the DEUS has it's own unique audio report...The lower the audio report on the disc setting the more nuanced the signals become and offer depth gauging also...

It get's fuzzy sounding and drawn out....sometimes if the sweep is not right for the setting's you are using the deepies will have a broken audio..but listen and slow down and the break will go away...and the DEUS is not like the FT machine's...in that on them the deepies will alot of time's throw an equally strong iron grunt with the high tone...The DEUS is very stingy with the iron grunt for the most part...on the deep lead I did not hear any iron report with the target just a sweet fainter drawn out report...sort of like the Musketeer does on the deepies...

I might add the 12Khz would hear the deepies but the 8 khz sounded more enhanced...

The 4 khz is reporting target's in there way deep but I need to take a diffeetn shovel the e-tool only digs so deep comfortably..

That 4KHZ is a monster on depth I dug a heel plate last week with it at a solid 14 inches I know....

I see no problems with the depth of XP DEUS...I believe with the right setting's it's as deep as about any VLF can get in disc mode...Dont know how they do it with such small electronics and battery power but it has power and picks through iron as good or better than any machine I have yet to use...The 9 inch coil is on par with any 5 inch coil on other machine's in separation and when it's 9 inch vs any other detector's stock coil it is way ahead of them in separation...

I wish they would give us a threshold based true all metal mode for an upgrade!put it on 4 or 8khz khz and it would be as deep as a white's 5900 is in all metal I believe and with the added bonus of DD coils for the bad dirt..

Thanks

Keith

Thanks for all your information Keith, it surely was much more detailed than what I hoped for, thanks. Sounds like your doing great with the Deus. I think that the more people that get this machine into their hands, the more of them will sell.

Your chewed bullet gives me goosebumps. Can't imagine the kind of day that guy was having when he bit on it.

I need to spend some more time playing with 4 and 8Khz. I generally hunt in 12 and switch to 18 for jewelry. I think I will play with 4 and 8 over the next few hunts and see what I pull with those.

Thanks again for your thorough response and I wish you the best of luck on your coming hunts. -Marc

LOL!!
I wrote report so many times in the write up I put it in place of audio response...

Thanks

Keith

Thanks keith for clearing that up.LOL I do alot of hunting in the woods as well and i was finding your post very interesting. Im a full time coin shooter though. Do you think that any of the information you shared could be used to help find deep coins? What would you recommend. Typical woods scenery... the machine could go quiet for an hour but then all of the sudden in the middle of nowhere you hit huge iron patches. im trying to learn how to hunt in the iron. instead of avoiding them. any tips?

As soon as you get into iron I would turn the reactivity back up to like 3 if the iron is dense ..but if it's not too bad the reactivity of 2 is also as quick as any machine made.. go to 12 khz for the high and low conductor's turn the audio response back to like 2 or so so you will get some nuance to the signal....I like 2 tone myself but for relics you just care about iron or not...for coins 3-4 tone might help better audibly....get a good hunt on the site with the supe fast recovery speed of the DEUS... then put the 8khz and 18Khz to you advantage,...The 18Khz is going to like coins on edge like thin silver dimes Nickles 3 center's and maybe even the elusive 1 Dollar gold piece...the 8 khz will work better coupled also with a 2 reactivity. going after the deeper larger silver coins like quarter's halves and dollars copper big penny's.. at depth in the iron...

The DEUS can be setup so much better than the other offering's...if one thing does not work you can try something else...it's a great tweaker to get what you want without screwing it up all together like some other machines can be done..

remember when you go above 3-4 on the reactivity it get's super fast but looses depth but in real dense iron depth is not going to happen anyway so separation is going to be the best bet...so use the reactivity wisely,..and to your advantage...And choose your freq's wisely when you are trying to really get surgical on a site..

Keith

Keith Southern said:
As soon as you get into iron I would turn the reactivity back up to like 3 if the iron is dense ..but if it's not too bad the reactivity of 2 is also as quick as any machine made.. go to 12 khz for the high and low conductor's turn the audio response back to like 2 or so so you will get some nuance to the signal....I like 2 tone myself but for relics you just care about iron or not...for coins 3-4 tone might help better audibly....get a good hunt on the site with the supe fast recovery speed of the DEUS... then put the 8khz and 18Khz to you advantage,...The 18Khz is going to like coins on edge like thin silver dimes Nickles 3 center's and maybe even the elusive 1 Dollar gold piece...the 8 khz will work better coupled also with a 2 reactivity. going after the deeper larger silver coins like quarter's halves and dollars copper big penny's.. at depth in the iron...

The DEUS can be setup so much better than the other offering's...if one thing does not work you can try something else...it's a great tweaker to get what you want without screwing it up all together like some other machines can be done..

remember when you go above 3-4 on the reactivity it get's super fast but looses depth but in real dense iron depth is not going to happen anyway so separation is going to be the best bet...so use the reactivity wisely,..and to your advantage...And choose your freq's wisely when you are trying to really get surgical on a site..

Keith
Great advice thank you i appreciate you taking the time to explain.. So when hunting in iron im not going to get say for example, a reading on a silver quarter of 88-89 using 8khz because chances are it will be masked by iron?. or is it going to jump out at me with tone and numbers matching like it should if you were to air test. Thanks Keith

It is very fast ...but with the averaging of the signal on the I.D. could read anywhere if it's partially masked...go buy the quality of the signal more than the I.D.partially masked could read nickle range a bad masked quarter could read foil in certian condition's..when it's really bad you wont hear the quarter...no machine made can see through iron..

But as a rule hunt the site first and get the good solid lock I.D.s for the coins you are looking for...then hunt it again with a low disc of just nail reject and dig any repeatable signal audiblly....if you think the site warrants such ...i.e. if you found some silver in there you need to go in a get real sleuthy on the site...

Hunt wisely You have a world class detector just know what, when, and where to use the proper setting's ..

Keith