Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hard Ground

ProHoofCare

I know this might be the wrong forum, but I being a BH man I thought I would throw this out to you guys. I live in Temecula, California. We have been having a drought for a couple of years now. The ground is hard, really too hard to dig. If my target is deep, I just give up and move on. A lot of targets get damaged as I have to actually break the ground up with a chipping hammer to get anywhere. Has anyone else experienced this and have you came up with some ideas?

I am running out of soft dirt to hunt! If you can get more than an inch down I have been over it many, many, many times.

It gets that way here in Texas also, so in the summers I hunt rivers or creek bottoms, Parks with sand, plowed fields, under large trees, Etc.

and I know what you are talking about, hunted a old house the other day,
Couldn't stick my digging tool 1/8 in in the ground.:ranting:

:detecting:
HH
Johnny

It's the say way here in eastern NM. The ground is so hard you need a jack hammer to dig......I guess you have to wait for the monsoons and then get out quick afore the ground dries into steel.
Bill/NM

Ditto here in New England. You can't stick a shovel anywhere in the ground without hitting a New England potato (rock). Someday, I'll hire a lackey just to follow me around, carry my gear, and dig up the targets I find, while I sip a cool drink in the nearest shad.