Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has any X-terra owner tried this test...

Ron Brown

most of the gold rings I find are 10 or 14k. I passed my Sov over four 10k rings separately and got four different readings on my meter. I was wondering what readings you would get from the X-terra doing the same test. HH

Gold jewelry varies greatly in alloy composition, so can read all over the VDI scale. Alot depends too on the size of the ring. On the Xterra 30, I'm seeing gold rings read anywhere from +4 for small thin ladies rings up into the 32 and 36 range for larger and thicker mens rings. And that is just the problem in trying to separate gold from aluminum trash as either one can give identical readings.

Ralph

We run into small thin rings to large heavy ones, various gold percentages, and above all different alloys so ring fall on the meter of any machine from low foil to even screwcap. Certainly a challenge to find gold rings at best..I am sure many have come up with various audio variances systems to cut down the odds, but those that excell on land dig a lot of targets as no system with exception of a shovel is 100%...