Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has the Tejon been compared

A

Anonymous

Has the Tejon been compared against the Lobo yet.Is there any performance differences?.They have just started to arrive this week in the UK,I dont really want to part with my Lobo unless I am sure it will be a foreward step.
Thanks
Gary UK

Go and visit your dealer and see if he has a test garden where you can compare the two. The LST has a more options for handling different levels of mineralization than the Tejon does. I was able to compare air tests between the two but that will not transfer over into actual in the ground tests under different mineralization levels. That being said the Tejon bested my LST in Air Tests by several inches in most all categories. I was using the 8" Concentric Coil on my LST during the test as that is the coil that I hunt with. The LST still had the edge on really small targets but on coin sized targets the Tejon was a clear winner over the LST. Still it would be best to compare them under your ground conditions before making your decision.
HH
Beachcomber

Whites forum had some info on the Tejon in England
along with other detectors used in a hunt there.
HH
Dan R.

I went looking for the Post that you were talking about but wasn't able to find it as I would like to read it. Can you provide a link to the Post?
Thanks
HH
Beachcomber

The Tejon tested a bit better in air tests i will agree.....but in the field with unplanted targets...I never could see any difference between the two that would even begin to be quantifiable.
I found them to be very similar machines in the field...so what I liked and dsiliked about the LST carried over to the tejon...except the autotrak obviously.
These were used side by side in real relic hunting...non planted targets in heavy iron...basically all i can say is if I had an LST I would not see a need for a Tejon unless you wanted either dual discrimination or the ability to manual GB. I do not like being stuck with autotracking so a manual GB was the only advantage I could see.
Regardles of what is hype and what isnot I can say with confidence there was no mind blowing depth increase in the field on coin size targets between the two machines.
Scott

A fellow named Greg had posted info regarding an England trip using various detectors and the Tejon was included along with minelabs and whites machines on the Treasure Depot Wites forum.
Just scroll down and look for the trip posts I don't recall the exact one but there are a few in a group.
Only around a week or so old.
HH
Dan R.