Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hatchet head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It began with a dating of 4000 years. It's already for 7000. hahaha. At this rate they will put it at 25000.
I do not know any archaeologist who with a simple glance makes such a precise dating, hahaha.

As you can see, I know more about ancient bronze than you will in a million years.

Attachments

• Ancient bonzes.jpg
    Ancient bonzes.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 151
And if it has not been clear, I put it closely. Roman coin under empire and bronze arrow

Attachments

• Roman coin.jpg
    Roman coin.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 145
As you can see, I know more about ancient bronze than you will in a million years.
Lol yeah you're a guru on the subject but knew nothing of Old Copper Complex and state the oldest data on copper axes is from 1200 BC hahaha
It began with a dating of 4000 years. It's already for 7000. hahaha. At this rate they will put it at 25000.
I do not know any archaeologist who with a simple glance makes such a precise dating, hahaha.
You're an idiot! I see you can't do simple math so let me break it down for you Stu. Today is 2021AD so in order to get to 0 you take off 2021. From 0 you take off 5000 to get to 5000 BC. Then you add 2021 and 5000 and get 7021. Math is hard!

A simple glance? I didn't know you were there when she checked it out with a colleague for almost 3 hours. An archeologist who has for years studied and done digs at Old Copper Complex sites knows a little more than someone who buys bronze artifacts and Roman coins. You keep making yourself look dumber with every post so keep it up I'm done replying to your ignorance.

PS if you can read try reading this article. I'll help you with the math 9500 years ago is 7500BC which is over 6000 years older than your 1200BC garbage

Last edited:
I see that you only read what interests you. I already said at the time that I did not know that information and that I was grateful. And I also said that it would be necessary to study in depth, because there are many opinions. On the other hand, it should be noted that your friend has X-rays in sight.
I love knowing that far from learning, you only know how to insult. That shows his IQ.
No, I don't buy Roman artifacts ...
By the way, and in case you don't know, the Vikings didn't have horns on their helmets, hahaha. (Ironic mode)

I forgot. As I have seen that they do not want to read in a foreign "language", I will not publish the scientific studies (not mine) in case you did not understand, on copper / bronze in America. Not USA. Because "America" is very big ...

You don’t need to be a jackass about it! What if he’s right.
I hate ignorance and have no issues calling it out. What does what if have to do with anything? What if cows could fly? What if water wasn't wet? Again we're talking about an archeologist who specializes in Native American history of the Hopewell Region and runs a museum of Native artifacts vs someone who buys bronze artifacts and was clueless about how long copper culture goes back in time. Tell me who you'd put your money on old man

Well, let's talk about you shall we. First you assume i'm old because i go by Old coin Hunter, when in reality i hunt old coins. So let's take your forum name thebigd81. You were born in 1981 and you're usually a big dick to people whose opinions you don't agree with. You have to "call out" someone YOU think is ignorant when if fact anyone who reads your responses to Draco it is quite easy to see who is the ignorant a**hole. I sure hope you don't have any kids because you are probably raising them to be just like you and that would be a shame. Try learning to treat people with a better attitude as your condescension ruins what could have been a constructive post for all. You can respond and bash me all you want, but i'm done with this.

As I see that you still do not want to accept different opinions, I am going to ask you a few questions like little children.
I know you are not going to answer me, because you have no answers.

1st Is it an ax?
2nd he is copper or bronze?
3rd if it is copper, is it beaten / hammered or molten copper?
4th If it is made of molten copper, I refer you to the link that you put (there is no evidence of copper smelting in the US)

Once the copper was extracted, the primary method of tool manufacture was by hammering the ore into the desired form. An additional fabrication technique was annealing, a process in which the ore was heated to a more malleable state then hammered into shape. Analysis of these artifacts exhibits obvious signs of layering, caused by hammering and folding the copper to produce the finished product. To date, there is no convincing evidence that archaic populations of the Old Copper Complex smelted copper to pour into pre-made moulds (Martin 1999)

5th If it is bronze, Native "bronze" has not been found in the US
6º How did he get to the place where you "found it"?
7º Is he really Native American or could he come from another place?
8º Have you done material tests?
9º have you done radiocarbon tests to know how old it is?
10º have you done tests to find out if it really is copper from Lake Superior?

I could ask you more questions, but I don't like to waste my time on someone who doesn't want to learn.
With all this: would you trust your money only on an opinion?

Ahhh !! And I don't buy Roman artifacts. I just go out on the field and find them.

Sorry for my bad English, but I use an online translator.

What kind of childish bickering and name calling is going on? Do I have to start issuing timeouts? Next contempt of childish behavior can sit in the corner for 2 days. Now back to your debate as gentlemen. I will be watching.

I don’t like when someone resorts to telling another person they are clueless, a clown, an idiot and dumb, just because they don’t agree with what that person said. As far you thinking my response is being childish bickering and name calling, thats your opinion. I just pointed out the obvious.

I don’t like when someone resorts to telling another person they are clueless, a clown, an idiot and dumb, just because they don’t agree with what that person said. As far you thinking my response is being childish bickering and name calling, thats your opinion. I just pointed out the obvious.
No, not my opinion but a fact. Now act as adults.

I'm done debating with someone who is not knowledgeable about copper culture. I'll just enjoy my 7000+ year old artifact

I'm done debating with someone who is not knowledgeable about copper culture. I'll just enjoy my 7000+ year old artifact
And I will be glad that it is more than 7000 years old. That is the difference between you and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.