Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Having trouble updating V3.0

xpdeusmann

I have had trouble doing the update of the V3.0 . I downloaded the update I then followed the update instructions steps 1-2-3-4 on step 3 after I pushed yes on the confirm the word UPDATE came on the screen of the remote control with the return arrow on the lower right of the screen then step 4 - I then pluged in the USB cord and then waited for a long time and nothing happened so I then pushed the return arrow and nothing after some time I just unpluged the USB and the remote turned back on and still is V2.0 and still works . Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do next . I was on the XP Deus web site at the same time so I was on the internet . I am going to the store right now an buy a new USB cord just in case the USB cord is bad . Anyone have any Ideas .

Not sure if this will help, but I watched the video a couple of times and followed the instructions.
The update went exactly as per the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrX-y4rRbk

Sorry I can't help you, I also had a problem but V3 is now up and running.
Contact the guys at XP America 800-446-0244 they are keeping track of any problems so they can report them to the factory.

don't push the return key, after you hit the yes to confirm, just wait for futher instructions, by hitting the return its like just turning it on for the first time, so you would have to repeat the process, I hit the return key also and had to start all over,it worked,have the 3.0 in my Deus

Only do what the update tells you nothing more, nothing less. It'll work. And don;t unplug usb cable until directed. Once you unplug the cable it should be updated if you followed the instructions.

I got a new USB cable and that made the update work as soon as I plugged the new USB cable in . The old USB cable must be bad . THANKS for your replies.

xpdeusmann said:
I have had trouble doing the update of the V3.0 . I downloaded the update I then followed the update instructions steps 1-2-3-4 on step 3 after I pushed yes on the confirm the word UPDATE came on the screen of the remote control with the return arrow on the lower right of the screen then step 4 - I then pluged in the USB cord and then waited for a long time and nothing happened so I then pushed the return arrow and nothing after some time I just unpluged the USB and the remote turned back on and still is V2.0 and still works . Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do next . I was on the XP Deus web site at the same time so I was on the internet . I am going to the store right now an buy a new USB cord just in case the USB cord is bad . Anyone have any Ideas .

exactly the same here with the added complication that i'm not even on a pc--i run win7 under vmware on a mac. this means that sometimes the mac and windows can't decide which one of them connects to any new usb device that gets plugged in. i tried several things to get windows to recognize the deux, but at the end i had to reboot and at that point windows recognized the deux and things proceeded normally.

go into the device settings (/computer/manage/device manager/usb controllers), right click and 'scan for hardware changes' to see if your system recognized the deux. you also might use the help system to start the hardware wizard--the wizards in win7 are much more helpful than they ever were in xp.

good luck,

/guy

Glad you got it working.