Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone trouble after washing coil

cometguy

Indiana fields are ugly and muddy right now. I hunted the other night and got my detector filthy. I rinsed the coil and stem off in the bathtub with a sprayer. I charged everything before going out last night. Everything fired up but the headphones didn't work. I tried shutting down and starting over but no signals to the phones. The menu worked and everything seemed normal but no noise. I noticed that the coil charge seemed to show the coil not charged. I hunted with no phones. When I got home I switched the headphones to my second coil and they worked. No noise on coil one and fine on coil two. Anybody have a suggestion? I am afraid I messed something with the water but not sure where to look. Love to hear some ideas since I don't like hunting without headphones.

Thanks, Don

Hi, did the same,washed my large coil and the next day it wasn't blinking,not working. I put it in my closet where the hot water tank is,warm room and the next day it was fine,that was 2 months ago. Now after a wash I remove the skid plate and dry everything off. still working good.

I understand what you are saying but my deal was the coil worked but the headphones wouldn't pick it up. I had to hunt without phones. The headphones didn't make a sound. Usually they make noise even when the detector isn't on. Switched them to my big coil and they immediately started making noise. Put them back on coil one and no sound.

Don

Once when changing coils I forgot to have the headphones on, phones never recognized the change, had to go back on the remote to start over with headphones on.

Hi Don, have you tried to pair coil one again, leave the headphones switched on

then pair the remote control with coil one ( page 30 user manual )

Let us know if you get it working.

Les.

Woo Hoo! My regular coil is back and working fine with my headphones. I went back in and paired it like it was a new coil. Somehow it had lost a number out of the serial number. So glad to hear that electrical static in my ears. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Technology is a two edge sword but I guess it is ok if it can fix itself.

Don
HH

The coil is 100% waterproof,in fact I have made an aerial up for mine for it to be used underwater if I ever need to.

Water swilling between the coil face and the cover will give a problem so remove the cover and dry it off with a piece of cloth.

Matching coil serial numbers to the controller and headset is easy enough.

If the headset does not match up in auto with the controller just do it manually certainly i did that with the W5 headset.:thumbup: Jerry.