Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphone

A

Anonymous

My CZ-3D came with a headset that just seems too short. The cord is just stretched too much when I've got the machine on the ground diggin! Are there headphones with a little longer cord that will work with my detector? I think that is a lot of the reason Im not finding deep+old coins! I've been detecting without headphones but I've had my vol. up to 8-9? Thanks for the help,Ronboy44

Headphones are essential. I once went to the beach for a night hunt and forgot to bring my headphones. It's a 20 minute drive to the beach. When I got there and realized it, I turned around and went home to get them. Hunting without them is so ineffective it's not worth doing. At least if you plan on getting anything other than surface coins. For the faint, deep signals you need some decent phones that will let you hear the subtle "tink-tink" of those little Barber and Seated dimes.
I have the Grey Ghost Originals as well as the Black Widow's. Both are outstanding, comfortable, shut out the ambient noise very well, and let you hone in on those deep targets. They're a little pricey, but it's a very worthwhile investment.

Which do you prefer, Mike, the original GG or the widows?
Gonna be buying some, especially after talking with Cody and George last weekend. I looked at the different models, but I'm not real sure which would be better. Trying to decipher the need, or not, of the bells and whistles.

have a set of grey ghost head phones, find little to grip about - even when I'm wearing them one eared listening for bears or any other critters trying to sneak up on me - they provide good audio in the other covered ear. My only suggestion - but a set with changeable cords. I lay my detector on the ground alot and stretch the head phone cords much - no problems yet. Have two years of average use and would buy another set. Used on all my machines - Whites and Fisher.
good luck