Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heads up on the new F75 detectors that I thought I'd share!

88junior

Hey guys and gals I recently purchased a Fisher F75+ and I love the machine but one thing that I don't like is that the arm rest is not able to be moved forward on it. The holes aren't there to do it. I contacted First Texas and they said that they are no longer making them to be able to move your arm rest forward. The T2 LTD I have is a joy to swing due to being able to adjust the arm rest. It kinda pisses me off that they stopped drilling the extra holes in the upper shaft it throws the balance of the machine off big time. So if you have short arms the F75 may not be the best ergonomic detector for you. Just wanted to make you all aware of this change. Also if you decide to drill your own holes I was told it voids your warranty.

What is the manufacture or serial number on your detector?

Just curious, any difference between the LTD and + F 75's? I have the LTD 2 and know it has all the modes and DST feature, but don't know if the + has all that? Maybe the difference? HH Jim tn

That's very strange. I have the LTD and the T2+. They both have the holes to move the arm rest. I just checked.

I just purchased a T2 SE and it doesn't have the arm cuff adjustment holes.---The manual that came with it shows a picture of the detector with the adjustment holes.---That's about one of the worst thing FT could have done (stop having adjustment holes).-----Like my wife said---it sure cuts out their women customer base doing that.---How can they possibly say that drilling a hole in the shaft (to remedy the situation) voids the warranty?? ----That makes about s much sense as eliminating the adjustment holes in the first place.

If you drill your own holes make sure you don't hit the wires that run inside the from the batteries to the control module. That's why it voids the warranty.

Jim TN yeah the F75 + has all of the modes FA - CL it's just gold in color where the LTD's are black. And they also have DST

If you drill your own holes make sure you don't hit the wires that run inside the from the batteries to the control module. That's why it voids the warranty.
Fisher told me that any modifications will void the warranty.

Most all products will have the warranty voided with ANY type of modifications. This is understandable, but to stop building them with the adjustment holes seams kind of lame just to save a few dollars. The manufacturing process of drilling the holes would require alignment,spacing and deburring which definitely adds to the cost. But to sacrifice usability to keep cost down is not always in the best interest of the customer. I hope this is not a sign of things to come from Fisher.

I've been a strong Fisher and First Texas advocate since the early 90's with their C Z's, then the T 2, F75' and Omega. In fact, I have owned 7 of their
detectors since 2006. And the 75 is still my main hunting machine.

Non the less, with all their re-boxing and re-naming of detectors, now cutting back on product features, nothing new out save for a very recent water hunting machine, and seemingly with nothing new seeming on the horizon, they are rapidly loosing the faith of their followers. I for one, anyway. HH Jim tn

My F75 SE has all the modes and DST and all black and adjustable cuff. I bought it last August, the adjustable saved my arm a bunch of hurt!!!

Maybe this or similar:

Make sure it fits the shaft diameter. Shouldn’t affect your warranty. Keep the old cuff should you need to return the detector for service.

Maybe this or similar:

Make sure it fits the shaft diameter. Shouldn’t affect your warranty. Keep the old cuff should you need to return the detector for service.
That may work!

I just looked on line at Amazon. Two different pictures of the F75+. One picture has the added arm cuff adjustment holes and one picture doesn't show the arm cuff adjustment holes. I guess you have to ask them to tell you what you are buying if its important to you.

Thanks for pointing this out. I consider the adjustment holes important as I use them, myself. Maybe you can send it in for a upper rod upgrade.

I guess they are cutting costs as they move all their sales into big box stores.

HH
Mike