Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heart Broken

Confetrit

Well, my hunting pard and myself finally got out for a hunt on Sunday, for the first time this year. We finally got a break from the rain and headed out early for our happy hunting ground which In have been hunting since the early 80's. Much to our dismay we found that workers with heavy machinery have destroyed quite a bit of the property including a beautiful piece of a Federal trench line cutting through the trench and piling trees pushed over atop of the trench to where the line is no more visible. I was horrified. This particular hill was beautiful and was adorned with some of the prettiest old hardwoods I have ever seen. We had dug some pretty cool relics here over the years. Not anymore. It's all gone. We didn't find a great deal of stuff, but we still had a great time. It was heartbreaking to see the place look as it now does and to remember how it looked over the nearly past 40 years and how we enjoyed it for its History, Beauty, and Serenity. It is a large area, and we will still be able to hunt parts of it, but it will never be the same as it once was. Heartbreaking to say the least.

I know that feeling from the 70’s. Why did they clear it? New development?

I look at photos of this town from the 60-70s and lot of stores I forgot about are alive and well in black and white. Detecting the apartment complex we are at now and I still remember playing with my friends in the courtyard. Used to be the edge of the city now you have another mile or more to do that.....

I know that feeling from the 70’s. Why did they clear it? New development?
We don't really know. The land still belongs to the county. They have built homes right on top of each other on the other side of the road from this property, but this property itself is extremely hilly and steep. You can really see the surrounding terrain now that all this clearing has occurred that you couldn't see earlier for the woods. A real panoramic view. I liked it much better before.

Sorry to hear. However this may be a great opportunity to rush in and see what maybe they have exposed for you to find.

That’s garbage, man. I’ve seen a lot of evidence of what used to be here too. Our whole town covers a battlesite. The ravines and protected areas are all that’s left aside from the works in peoples yards.

We have a site here in town that’s pretty extensive works. Someone has “contaminated” most of it with tiny aluminum pieces. Like confetti. It’s left from some manufacturing process as all the pieces are identical. It’s over a half mile by 500 yard area roughly. Had to be done by multiple folks or a helicopter. At first we thought it was something they did out there after the war. Then we discovered that it’s pretty evenly spread over a huge area, and the pieces all ring up in the zinc range like a bullet. After many hours sifting through them only a few bullets were found. Like someone picked it clean and then dusted it. It’s unreal.

Sorry to hear. However this may be a great opportunity to rush in and see what maybe they have exposed for you to find.
We went hunting this past Sunday. We didn't find much but we had a good time. Next time we are taking our small coils to get in under brush better with.

We went hunting this past Sunday. We didn't find much but we had a good time. Next time we are taking our small coils to get in under brush better with.
Best of luck to you guys and hope you can find more treasure!

Yeah I know what you mean that special place you detected for years & years is flattened & butchered for progress It sucks.

That’s garbage, man. I’ve seen a lot of evidence of what used to be here too. Our whole town covers a battlesite. The ravines and protected areas are all that’s left aside from the works in peoples yards.

We have a site here in town that’s pretty extensive works. Someone has “contaminated” most of it with tiny aluminum pieces. Like confetti. It’s left from some manufacturing process as all the pieces are identical. It’s over a half mile by 500 yard area roughly. Had to be done by multiple folks or a helicopter. At first we thought it was something they did out there after the war. Then we discovered that it’s pretty evenly spread over a huge area, and the pieces all ring up in the zinc range like a bullet. After many hours sifting through them only a few bullets were found. Like someone picked it clean and then dusted it. It’s unreal.
Maybe this way a way of discouraging metal detectorists from removing “antiquities” from the ground?

I hunt one property that is a little over 90 acres. It used to be about 5 different fields. They bulldozed it and now it is one huge field. And the tree lines are gone. But I still find some decent finds. When I get a chance to go.

After years of hunting those special places you can really start to visualize in your mind how things happened there ..while the average idiot just sees a field and a patch of woods you see American history.. I hunt a spot that has rich settler and American Indian history..I just know one day it will be gone too,just a matter of time really..

After years of hunting those special places you can really start to visualize in your mind how things happened there ..while the average idiot just sees a field and a patch of woods you see American history.. I hunt a spot that has rich settler and American Indian history..I just know one day it will be gone too,just a matter of time really..
Maybe it will be Later than Sooner. I hope so.