Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello fellow modifiers.....has anyone ever done external GB and threshold pots on ....

A

Anonymous

A Discovery Treasure Baron with fixed GB and threshold? Is it as simple as just removing the trimmers and running lead wires to an external pot of equal value? Reason I ask is I just received this A&S TB for a song off e-bay and feel it is worthy of these mods for what I paid for her. It sure is a GREAT unit for the money. Found an easy way to rear mount the control box using a Sov Elite arm cup for fantastic balance, (albeit upside down), that didn't require major surgery. Any help with the GB and threshold pots appreciated! HH George Fatizzi

Hi George,
Yes its easy to add the pots. The threshold is 100k, It's located near the front, mine is black in color. The ground balance is 500 olm's located towards the rear, color red. It works very well. You must ground balance in no motion all metal and retune as you balance. Hope this helps
Fred