Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP FOR BEGINNERS

A

Anonymous

Here is my suggestion to all beginners on how to learn the Explorer. The purpose of this method is become familiar with the sound of a deep coin signal. I believe that being able to pick off coins up to 15

And although I have my misgivings on "Auto" for the conditions here in St. Louis area you impressed me enough with that strategy for me to try the recipe exactly as is... Weather permitting I'll give her a go tomorrow..
And for those of you who didn't see Richard in action he was digging one coin after another at 14 inches and beyond at Hartford... Very, very impressive to me and most anyone who saw what he was retrieving.
As long as I already touched on the "Auto" thing... Do you ever find conditions up where you hunt where "Auto" doesn't get you the depth you would like? Around here it seems to lose it... I'm not much of a bench tester so I will be the first to tell you that I don't test much, just hunt.
Thanks Richard... Guvner..

Thanks for the tip on auto 32, are you using iron mask in this program? Tony

Here in western NY State, the machine is usually much more stable in manual than in auto.. but there are times here and especially at the GNRS Hunt in Virginia where I have to hunt in auto to get any depth at all.
Good to know all the options and to keep an open mind and be willing to change on the fly.. Make this hobby a great one.
Jim Vokes

Would you also set the variability to the maximum with this screen like Jim suggests?

I have found that manual makes my machine less stable, I will say that our soil must be different, our copper coins are not as curroded as the ones I was digging in Hartford. But even in Hartford I was using the same settings with no problems. I do have my variability set at max and when I hunt for rellics I use iron mask, just because it is very easy to switch back and forth. I do have a screen that looks like iron mask set at -8 the reason I use this screen is so I can reject items. For example, I was at a seller hole that had lots of beer caps so I use this screen but reject beer caps it is the same as using iron mask with the ability to reject. Sorry for the delay in answering guy's my server was down. Richard

I guess what I meant to ask was having the variability at max using your screen set up that you posted. Would that help in distinguishing the different sounds? Thanks.

rich, got up today and programed my explorer the way you said.now ive had my explorer for about 5 months now and i feel im learn this machine very well and i was really able to see how your beginner program could help alot. most of the time i can tell dimes from pennys and i could always tell the sound of a quarter. im going to stick with this program for a while. i did open an area for nickles because i do know there sounds.
had a great day at the local park. got alot of coins.also got two rings. a 1961 high school ring and a nice silver ring.
thanks for your advice i was useing the stealth 8 coil.
please keep posting your tips
thanks,
stan pa. sjmdc

When using the screen in Richard's post , right corner accepted , all the rest rejected, is it normal to still receive an audio response as well as a cursor response on rejected targets, examples.....audio response of a nickle with a corresponding crosshair ?
Mine does this .........This CAN'T be right.
But mine reacts this way just the same ..

It does help but for now you should dig all signals. The key is depth. There is a park near me that has been given up on because knowone finds anything there any more. Even with my GTI 2000 I couldn't hit on anything. Well since I got my Explorer five months ago I have taken over 100 silver coins out of that done out park and I don't go there very often but each time I get from 5 to 15 silver coins. And I use the coin screen every time. Keep with that screen and you will score. HH Richard

When you pass over a rejected target it should null out. You should only get audio on targets that appear in the white area.