Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help identifying object

Hello to all, I have owned a Quattro for 8 months and it was a great move getting one.The attached picture is something I found here in South Australia this month but it seems it may well have more USA features than Australian. It depicts a ocean going paddle steamer type vessel and its Size is 53mm by 50mm and it appears to be a pressed design made of brass. It was folded in half but with carefull straightening it came up quite well.One side appears to be a hinge the opposite (left as you look at it) had a tab that is bent around like a catch. There are also four small recrangular slots around the oval as if something could be attached covering the oval.

I suspect it is British; as in original home to many Aussies. The British Navy ruled the seas for many years, thus my opinion. Unless it is marked with something exclusively US, I would lean towards the UK. The anchor is a universal Navy emblem, but consider the ties between AU and the UK.Your find looks like pill/medicinal case. The oval was probably intended to have had the owners initials engraved. Good hunting, David @ Dixie