Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help please! Best Relic settings/suggestions for the CoRe???

I just sent this to greaser for his input via private message. But I would LOVE to get the feedback feom Monte. Keith Southern. And many others who have the Nokta CoRe and currently or will soon be doing relic hunting. So PLEASE. Any and all give your input. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about others abs their experiences and leaen/gain wisdom about this detector. So here goes.....

Do you relic hunt? Do you Civil War relic hunt ? If so, my goal is to always find bullets, which are lead, buttons, which are brass, and shell fragments, of course BIG iron. The reason that I purchased the pro package was for the larger coil as well. My hope is to find some deeper shells and frags and maybe some deep plates. Buckles, bullets, etc.

From what I'm thinking, I should use the 2 tone for better depth, correct? Is the 2 tone deeper or more accurate than the 3 tone? If so, will the 2 tone "pick out" my list of what I would like to find?

Finding large iron does not bother me, since it could be anything from a horseshoe to a frag or a shell. But I should use some form of nail reject as well? What setting is recommended ?

What settings or changes would you personally try? Again I'm trying to learn as much as I can and get suggestions/input before it lands on my front porch. I honestly can't wait!"

Thank again.
Bubba (David)

bubbadirect said:
I just sent this to greaser for his input via private message. But I would LOVE to get the feedback feom Monte. Keith Southern. And many others who have the Nokta CoRe and currently or will soon be doing relic hunting. So PLEASE. Any and all give your input. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about others abs their experiences and leaen/gain wisdom about this detector. So here goes.....

Do you relic hunt? Do you Civil War relic hunt ? If so, my goal is to always find bullets, which are lead, buttons, which are brass, and shell fragments, of course BIG iron. The reason that I purchased the pro package was for the larger coil as well. My hope is to find some deeper shells and frags and maybe some deep plates. Buckles, bullets, etc.

From what I'm thinking, I should use the 2 tone for better depth, correct? Is the 2 tone deeper or more accurate than the 3 tone? If so, will the 2 tone "pick out" my list of what I would like to find?

Finding large iron does not bother me, since it could be anything from a horseshoe to a frag or a shell. But I should use some form of nail reject as well? What setting is recommended ?

Relic hunting DI2, for more open less trashy ground turn on ground tracking, try to run you sensitivity up around 94 give or take. Leave ID mask at 10.
For real trashy sites using small coil, DI2 try sensitivity of 60-75, Again leaving ID mask at 10, one note- raising ID mask say to 20 will get rid of a lot of iron tone, but the good high tone on a nonferrous target can/will be shorter to clipped. Also instead of auto ground tracking, use a ground grab in the worst of sites. Do your ground grab over clean ground, and then after just periodically do a ground grab G/B. Now if your machine starts getting noisy, go ahead and do another ground grab G/B. As you get more experience you can start tinkering more with the ID mask setting and see how it does for you. Cheers and have fun detecting.
What settings or changes would you personally try? Again I'm trying to learn as much as I can and get suggestions/input before it lands on my front porch. I honestly can't wait!"

Bubbadirect, my post got tangle up in your quote and I can't figure out how to fix so I reposted.

Relic hunting DI2, for more open less trashy ground turn on ground tracking, try to run you sensitivity up around 94 give or take. Leave ID mask at 10.
For real trashy sites using small coil, DI2 try sensitivity of 60-75, Again leaving ID mask at 10, one note- raising ID mask say to 20 will get rid of a lot of iron tone, but the good high tone on a nonferrous target can/will be shorter to clipped. Also instead of auto ground tracking, use a ground grab in the worst of sites. Do your ground grab over clean ground, and then after just periodically do a ground grab G/B. Now if your machine starts getting noisy, go ahead and do another ground grab G/B. As you get more experience you can start tinkering more with the ID mask setting and see how it does for you. Cheers and have fun detecting.

squirrel1 said:
Bubbadirect, my post got tangle up in your quote and I can't figure out how to fix so I reposted.

Thank you so much for your input squirrel! My first thought process is to use the stock coil when relic hunting, but of course I will be itching to try out the larger coil as well to see how it does in the Civil War locations with lots of rusty old nails, old wires, old fencing pieces, fence staples, etc. that I regularly CW relic hunt. Thank you also for your suggestions and input about settings, etc. I know that I will be asking more questions along the way, and sharing my personal preferences/settings, etc., so that I can hopefully help others learn the machine as well.

You are so right. We will all learn this beast together. You have a great attitude, I fully expect to see some great finds discovered by you!!!!!