Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help please

I've been looking at the EBL 600 MA h 9 volt Li-Po rechargeable.
Worth checking out some reviews maybe.
My last experience with 9 volt rechargeable batteries in early to mid 2000's wasn't very good but time marches on.
Regards,
Drew.

I actually have a set of those right now. The first time out I wasn't real happy as the detector seem to get really weird after about an hour and a half of use. I'm going to retest them at a different Beach that has more mild sand. I had the detector out the other day with some good alkaline batteries and it's still got a bit goofy at that beach, so I'm beginning to think the batteries are probably okay it's just the beach, as my detector works fine at another location not even a mile up the road. My only concern is that right off the charger fully charged they are about 8.7 volts. A fresh alkaline battery right out of the pack is about 9.7 to 9.8. I don't know if the extra voltage provides any extra punch or not, but I'm sure it adds to the longevity of the battery. like I said, more testing to be done to see how long they last. I actually have created sort of a spreadsheet to compare batteries and I'm right in the beginning of testing right now. I have a different set of rechargeables on the way right now and we'll add them to the comparison, and I'm sure I will throw in a couple of alkaline brands as well and let y'all know what I find if anybody is interested. I would like to go nuts and by every brand available and test them all, but unfortunately, some of those batteries are really expensive. I've seen some listed at close to $30 a pop, and while I'm sure they are great batteries, I'm not going to be buying any too soon.

I have held off trying the EBL 9 volt batteries as I still have a bad memory from my last attempt to run my CZ units, and UniProbe off of rechargeable 9 volt batteries.
If memory serves, I think the alkaline batteries start at a higher nominal voltage value and drop at a consistent rate of discharge; the Li-Po batteries start slightly lower but they maintain their power discharge at a serviceable level for a longer duration, then stop all at once to power the machine.
Maybe there are some studies online to reference.
I will say that I have been experimenting with Kenli Li-Po AA rechargeable batteries that are a full 1.5 volts and rated at 3000 MA h with good results in a variety of detectors, full day hunts don't even show any battery loss on the detector battery meters.
As for my 9 volt needs, I just ordered 2 boxes of 12 of Industrial Duracell Alkaline 9 volt batteries.
I will say that the price for the 9 volt Li-Po batteries has certainly come down.
Be interested to see how your EBL's perform for you and how long afield they can power the CZ-21. I trust it still uses (4) 9 volt batteries like my old CZ-20.
Cheers,
Drew.

H2OAU,

I didn't like the EBLs in my CZ's. Didn't seem to perform well, and gave no warning...at all...when getting low.
Voltage regulators notwithstanding...It just doesn't seem some of the older Fishers like running on extended low voltage power.

OTOH, I have been having good success with Imedion (PowerEx) TRUE 9.6v rechargeables.

NOT Li-Po...so a little heavier...and I think you have to have a special charger.
Rated at 230 mAh, but all of mine test out with an actual 240+ mAh capacity.
(So, unlike many/most chinese battery mfgs, they are honest.)

They work well in my CZ's and Coinstrikes.
Good luck, and have fun,
:)
mike

trojdor said:
H2OAU,

I didn't like the EBLs in my CZ's. Didn't seem to perform well, and gave no warning...at all...when getting low.
Voltage regulators notwithstanding...It just doesn't seem some of the older Fishers like running on extended low voltage power.

OTOH, I have been having good success with Imedion (PowerEx) TRUE 9.6v rechargeables.

NOT Li-Po...so a little heavier...and I think you have to have a special charger.
Rated at 230 mAh, but all of mine test out with an actual 240+ mAh capacity.
(So, unlike many/most chinese battery mfgs, they are honest.)

They work well in my CZ's and Coinstrikes.
Good luck, and have fun,
mike

Thanks Mike... I will be ordering some for my "new" CZ3D

Down and dirty 9 volt rechargeables are just not as efficient as other sizes...I just use alkalines and buy them when on sale...Remember when your CZ is hard to pinpoint you need new batteries...

martygene said:
Thanks Mike... I will be ordering some for my "new" CZ3D

martygent, you're most welcome. :thumbup:

On a side note, an unusual advantage of those 9.6v units, are that they will work in two different CoinStrikes I have that won't boot up with any other battery.

I think there's something like a capacitor going flat in the power-up circuitry on those two, that reads too low of a voltage when booting.
(And the C$ won't boot if the voltage is too low, or the coil isn't connected.)

But they both work fine with these batteries.
I've been meaning to take them apart and compare to the other C$s I've got, but if they always work with these batteries, my laziness kicks in and says, "Why bother?"
mike