Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help, the coil keeps moving

A

Anonymous

Quick question for those with fisher's.
I too own a 1225x it's used but in mint condition.
My question is, the white plastic bult and wing nut
that holds the coil in place is a joke. The coil keeps moving. Can I replace it with something that
wont give me false readings? Thanks for your help.
Reed

You can buy a loop support, which will prevent the coil from moving. You're right. That plastic bolt is a joke, on an otherwise excellent machine. I intend to buy one as soon as my 1225x is repaired. You can buy the loop support from Kellyco.

Many use coil supports and Fred adds some good insight...I would think perhaps the washers are not doing their job or perhaps your coil nut is stripped whereas it will keep coming loose..Same coil nut on the CZ and I hand tighten it and never have a problem. Coil supports are nice for level ground or beaches but in uneven ground or hunting sidehills etc. prevent one from changing coil position..

I hand-tighten the bolt/nuts on all three of my detectors. The coils do move somewhat, but that's usually only in transport or at home in storage. I find it really easy to just slowly move the coil back to the correct position. It rarely moves on me while I'm in the field.
On a side note, one time I overtightened the nut, and broke the bolt. A quick trip to a local hardware store provided a small package of both spare nylon nuts and bolts, which I now carry with me.
HH from Allen in MI

Thank you Fred, Dan and Allen. I will look into
ordering the necessary part needed. I also learned a valuabe lesson and that is to carry spare parts and be prepared. Thanks again gentlemen. Much appreciated.
Reed