Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

help with this token

A

Anonymous

while visiting my son in lowell mass I was searching a small park area along the merrimac river in the "mill mile" area. Its about the size of a half dollar, made of copper. Has a eagle holding a sheaf of arrows in one claw and a olive branch in the other. there is a shield emblem on the eagles breast. the outer edge has a row of tic marks all the way around and just inside this row there is a second row of small star like marks.There is a banner between the eagles wings that has the word token on it. on the obverse it has "no cash value" there is a small scroll besides "no" and at the bottom under value there are two more fancy scrolls. Its very high quality and looks like a gov't mint might have done the stamping. any help identifying would be much appreciated.I was using a whites spectrum xlt and found at about 5 inchs deep in loamy , damp soil

This is a Slot Machine Token. used to get around the fact that SLOT MACHINES are Illegal in most states. most of the ones I'v found over the years dated to the 1920's & your's may also date to that time. SORRY I CANT BE OF MORE HELP, but, I'v never found a NO CASH VALUE Token of your Discription.

Sounds like a modern "stock" (generic) arcade token. Check out this link.
Best of luck,
Buckram