Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here are three of my military medallions. ..

A

Anonymous

the top one has a bit of a story. So, like Royal, I will ask about it although I think I know the answer.
All the best
Sunny skies
M

To join that regiment, you had to be under five feet, six inches. See there is room for us short people.
I do not know about the others though. I was hoping that somone could help me out there.
They were found several years ago on a beach in Victoria. We pulled lots of this sort out of there
All the best
Fair winds
M

Organized Dec 22 1915, disbanded Sept 1920
Strength 833, CO. Lt. Col.A.B. Powley, Raised in Victoria B.C. Motto, Multum In Parvo ( Many In Few)
Dean Owen
Whitby Ontario

Here's a great link to Canadian insignia. I noticed they were missing a pic of the 143rd BC Bantams. The owner of that website might appreciate if you offered him a good pic of yours!
Thanks for posting!
S.

Well 1st I forgot to mention that a "Bantam Regt" is made up of men UNDER 5 foot 4 inches tall!! Thats why they use the " Fighting Cock ( Bird!! Not the other)" on many of the Badges. These Battns ( as well as most high numbered Battns) were broken up in England to reenforce the Fighting Battns that had so very many Killed and wounded.
The Regina Regt Badge is WW2 and unfortunatly is one of the more common Badges, but still a GREAT find. It was Painted black when issued ( as all Rifle Regt Badges were)
The Regina Badge is a capbadge, the Bantam Badge likly is a capbadge, but its had to tell, CEF Badges ( WW1 Canadian Badges) come in many sizes and I can't tell the size from your photo).
This brings me to the last "Sunburst badge" with the critter on it.
I am sure this is a collar badge, and I feel it is a rarer Militia Unit. Now the problem with early Canadian Militia Badges is that MANY units were formed just before WW1 and Just after WW1, many of these were disbanded after a couple of years or were combined with other units. From 1920 to 1932 many units were raised and dissappeared. There are no real good books that show the collar badges from this period.
I can't make out the wording on the badge. Can you email me with the wording and take a glass and look at the back of the badge for a makers mark. If you do this I will do some looking around through my books to see if I can find out more about this last badge for you.
I belong to several Military Historical Societies. I also put on the Nov 11th display in my home town of Whitby Ontario, I use a lot of dug up WW1 and WW2 relics to get the point across. If you ever decied to let those dug up badges go, please give me a shot at them, they would be great for the displays I put on out here.
Dean