Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's what I've experienced.

A

Anonymous

Whenever I've tried to use my Sov in black sand it just gives weird signal noises everywhere. I've tried putting silver and copper coins on top of the black sand areas to see if I could tune them in but the black sand just overwhelms the signals from the targets. I even tried with those targets buried too with the same result.
I've tried this on dry ground, saltwater and freshwater beaches with black sand and I get the same results.
A while back I read that someone had determined that if you turn the sensitivity all the to the lowest setting and move really slow you can hunt the black sand. Somone else suggested that setting the machine in pinopoint with the sensitivity all the way down would work.
I tried those suggestions and they didn't work. I tuned and fiddled with no luck. I spent a good deal of time trying to make the Sov and the Excal work with the black sand and it became clear to me that it just wasn't going to work.
I tried all the above with 8", 10" and 11" coils. Same thing with all three.
Heck, go try it! Maybe you'll figure out how to use the Sov as a nugget machine. If you do figure out a way to do it please let us know. If there's a way to make the Sov work with black sand I'd be thrilled.