Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Mike/Ralph or Pineapple.....

Dan(NM)

Does the T-2 hit very well on small pieces of foil. I dug a small gold ring with the Explorer today that came in where foil normally hits.

Hi Dan,

Yes it does. Its not advertised as a jewelry machine because it doesn't have the wide range discrimintation you typically see on a jewelry machine, but the foil range runs from 41 to 55, a 15 number spread, which isn't too bad. 13kHz isn't too bad either. I typically have only dug foil signals that locked onto one number fairly consistantly. All been foil so far, though. But you never know :shrug:

You can detect some pretty small bits of aluminum foil at higher gain levels with the T-2, or turn down the gain to lessen it's sensitivity to such, depending on your hunting environment and the primary type of targets you are after. But regardless, you are going to have to dig foil if you want to dig small gold jewelry. There is just no 100% way of telling one from the other on a consistent basis, not with the T-2 or any other machine out there.

Ralph

If you wanna find jewelry...you gotta dig the trash as well...no way around it. I just wanted to make sure it hits on small foil well. Thanks.