Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HeyBG777, how's the weather in San Diego? Any hunting treasures?

No, I'm embarrassed to say. The weather's been up and down, but I havn't gotten out that much because of personal stuff, but I'm really getting the itch to go, not only to some of the older city areas near the sidewalks but back to the beach. How's things back in Virginia. (Hope I got that right cause I should know). I'm interested in how the winter will affect our beaches here. We don't get furious storms, ususally, but you do get some tide and beach action so it should be interesting.
:)

Beach Guy: Hunt the negative low tides, even if they are at night. You will get out real far off the beach. I found some of my best diamond rings at La jolla, and San Clemente beach. You should do great at either beach with that "Super deep ring vacuum" Good luck.

Thankyou Tony. I believe you're right and I just need to get off my keister, here and get going. I'm charging my battries right now as we speak and I'm planning to to to Coronado dog beach for a little jaunt, but I really want to go in front of the Coronado Hotel. I forgot you used to live here. Man, I did the cove area, but not the cove its'self but didn't turn up anything great, but I need to go back and do what you said, get the low tide and really go for it. Even thought tourist season is winding down, I figure the rings and stuff are still down there somewhere, even if they've moved around a bit with the water action. Thanks for the tip and the inspiration. By the way, where is Tidewater anyway. I forget where your living now, forgive me ont that.?? :)

Beachguy777: I live in Va. Beach. The "Tidewater" region of Virginia is no longer commonly used to refer to the Southeastern portion of Virginia. That region in now generally refered to as "Hampton Roads". I moved back here from San Diego after retiring from the Navy because my wife's family lives here. Oh, I failed to mention to you that it's probably in the top three states for metal detecting,Relics(both civil, colonial war, and all the beaches) I did enjoy the time I lived in San Diego. Take care, Tony from Tidewater

You know what Tony. You definitly have me thinking here. It's getting SO expensive to live here in San Diego, I'm starting to look for other places to live. Virginia sure might be on that list. I've been looking at
Denver, Co. but darn, no beaches there. I know I'd miss the beach and it sounds like real estate is at least "reasonable" back in Virginia. Thanks for the info and I really hope to "at least" come back there some time and meet some of you guys, the "infamous" Mike included. I'd really love to do that and I hope I can make it happen. You take care, and I'll talk at you later. Marc Trainor.