Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hopefully someone can identify this button.

bcgoodpaster

Really hard for me to get a picture of the face on the button. I will attempt to get a better picture. Was told it may be a Henry Clay Campaign button. Was found in Lexington KY.

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_174725749.jpg
    IMG_20200205_174725749.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20200205_174810871.jpg
    IMG_20200205_174810871.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 172
Some face left some face right but I looks right. Any lettering around sides?
HH Jeff

Thats a nice button. Looks to be from 1870's. If you Google "Scovill Bust Button" you will see some buttons that could be yours. I think its a bust of George Washington or William Leigh.

I can't read all of the backmark (old wore out eyes!) but I am pretty sure I see L H & Scovill. That stands for the firm of Leavenworth, Hayden and Scovill and dates your button from 1811-1827. Can you read the other word or words? If it is "extra" you may have a Washington Institute, New York City, 1824 button.