Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about a hot rocks test video.

Badger in NH

If any of you video guys have some decent sized hot rocks available, I would like to see how well various detectors will pick up targets near them.

It would be nice to see which machines might have a greater or lesser response to them. In particular the Vista Gold.

Some of my sites are loaded with hot granite.

did not somone do a test on a brick that is hot ,and the gold sniped that coin right thru it

amcjavelin said:
Hey Badger, yeah i got hot rocks around here myself and you can usually GB right over them they recomend

Hey Jav,

I've tried that a few times with the T2se and all it does is make the surrounding ground noisy. Maybe there's a trick to it.

I'm wondering if there's a detector that just deals with it better.

amcjavelin said:
no the machines i've had i've done it becomes very stable again no problems

I tried balancing over a hot rock today with the T2se and it worked well but this wasn't one of my rocky sites. I was in the woods. The hot rocks were just here and there but it did make them disappear and the ground made no noise.

I had the T2se maxed out, Sens 99, in all metal and it ran quiet. Dug a pocketful of shotgun shells.

I dug a very deep hot rock today and it came in loud and clear until I got about 6 inches from it. It broke up like iron only then.