Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about that full page ad for XP Deus in W&E?

I've owned the Deus since August of this year - purchased from the first USA importer. About 2 months ago I also purchased the large coil. I also own the E-Trac - for well over 2 years now.

So far I've put in about 125 hours on the Deus primarily in plowed fields and some woods however not on any beach. For the ocean beach in the wet sand/surf I use my Excalibur. I do not detect in dry sand.

First off, I'd like to say to TheMarshall - whoooaaaa there Duke....calm down a bit. You're coming on real strong here. Your first post comment "so who'll be the first to sell it" - is moot. It's been sold here since August and now Andy is an additional authorized seller. And "who to be the first to buy" - well that would be me - having purchased one of the first units from the first shipments into the US.

Your second post "to any pretender who tries to replace him..." seems to me like it's aimed at Andy. Now Andy is a big boy and can defend himself but your tone just seems off. Yes, from what I read about your dear friend John - he was a great guy and the hobby will surely miss him - but don't think that people here with years of experience on multitudes of different machines in various detecting environments cannot offer guidance and wisdom about the Deus or any other machine for that matter. If I mistook your comment then my apology is offered.

I've got plenty of experience with the Deus and no ax to grind or commercial intent. I tell it like it is and will only offer my opinions on a machine that I own and use (and that's after using it for more than 50 hours) and how it relates to use in my detecting environments. I'll try to add some value and answer appropriate questions when asked but will always defer to those with more experience than me...

There is no denying that there is far more experience and posted reports on the Deus from Europe or the UK but as those that have hunted over there can attest to, the challenges they face and the type of targets being sought differ greatly from those that we face here so many of those reports may be interesting reads but let's see how any detector does in the US . . . red clay, black sand, alkali soil, nice dark rich soil . . . relic hunting, coin hunting, beach hunting . . . . . the proof will be in the pudding so to speak and I did not see anyone doubting the testing abilities or writing skills of anyone outside the US which was the impression of Marshall's response.

I think there is room out there for many reports of how any detector performs and what tricks or tips can be shared. I spent time on the phone today with a new Deus user in CA and found that there were things he had found that I did not see on my hunts . . . but they were fixable once we discussed some options.

I have talked with a number of Deus users in Europe and the UK and they provided tips that helped them but some do not apply here - not a lot of Roman or hammered silver coins in my part of the country :)

I hope we can keep the interchange on the high road . . . . . I seem to recall some heated threads when the E-Trac came out doubting what the original users were posting yet that went away when the facts came out and more users mastered them . . . .

Andy

Hi Marc - what is your primary detecting environment?

Hi Gary. I'm friends with Carter who you must know - we are good detecting buddies. He has been detecting with me at my colonial farm sites my last 10 times out. To answer your question about an old park or homesite - the machine I would use (either E-Trac or Deus) would depend on the amount of iron trash present not the amount of non ferrous trash. If the park had lots of non ferrous stuff like foil, pull tabs, bottle tops and clad - there is absolutely no doubt I would use the E-Trac. I believe that the target ID is much more spot on than the Deus and you will be digging fewer holes for better results with the E-Trac. If there was lots of iron present, then the Deus can be set up in a super fast recovery mode that no other machine can rival and it would work well in that environment. However, I tend to use the E-Trac in 2 tone FE mode with disc on just the 01 FE line so I don't experience much nulling - so with lots of iron I may get loads of low tones, but those high tones will sound off loud and clear if you don't move too fast...

I hunt everywhere. From corn fields, back woods, yards, beaches, lakes oceans, rivers, streams, creeks and anywhere else you can think of. I own a valuables recovery business and so I hunt almost every day and it can be anywhere. I like to have at least one machine for every "need" that clients come to me for and I think I have everything covered except for a deep machine (Minelab GPX 5000) and a fast recovery/light machine (Deus). These are the 2 machines that I have really been considering for a while now. I have not been able to justify buying either of these 2 machines as I have been successfully recovering every contract with what I have but I do see where the addition of these two machines could really be good for me. Thank for everyones information, it has been very helpful. HH -Marc

yes! excellent question! this is the kind of feedback
we are all wanting to hear! personally,i could care 2 craps less
how the detector performs in the u.k.or europe.i don't
live there,i live here!.time will tell,as the detector gets used
in the field here!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Marc - what the Deus brings to the table is incredible lightness and total programmability. You will appreciate it in the fields, woods and yards. Plus having the ability to match one of the 4 frequencies to the recovery task at hand makes it ideal.
If you are detecting for a gold ring, you'll put it in 18k and set the tones to sound off on the gold range. If it's something big and really deep, you'll drop to 4k. The big coil is a must have - my opinion...
I would wait on that GPX purchase - there is a different machine that will soon be tested here in the US that may be a GPX killer - as deep but with full discrimination...stay tuned...at $1000 too. WOW.

JT - the UK is the land of "low tones"...what do I mean? Large coppers over there are hedge fodder - even if they're from the 1700's. They are looking for gold, hammered silver and other non ferrous artifacts. Those hammereds are really small and thin. Those gold staters have weird alloys in the mix. When I detected in the UK with my E-Trac, the hammereds came in anywhere from 12-18 on up. A gold 1/4 stater came in at 12-06. Basically, they dig EVERYTHING that is non ferrous. We get excited for the E-Trac high tones - 12-39 to 12-47. Over there - they're not too excited about those signals. The Deus was made for UK detecting - no doubt.

Depending on your digging environment the E-Trac performs as well as if not better than the Deus - and vice verse. If digging everything over a certain conductivity works, let's say everything over a 12-24 (in E-Trac speak) or a 40 in Deus speak, in a farm field or pasture then the weight alone makes the Deus the winner. If you need to be very discerning about your holes, in a park, schoolyard or private home, then FOR ME, the E-Trac seems to offer a better target ID.

They are both amazing machines and both have their place.

Barry

Hey Andy,

The big question I have, and probably on the minds of others, is how well it compares to the E-Trac?

I've tried a few detectors myself, not near as many as you have I'm sure, and I've found when it comes to flat out depth and ability to TELL THE USER when a deep coin is under the coil the E-Trac is hard to match much less beat. Pulling those extremely deep coins out of hard hit sites is what my E-Trac does best. How does the XP Deus match up in your opinion?

Thanks

Saturday I took it out for a good hunt.

I love the wireless headphones! Good job there!

I love how light it is. Recovery speed is very very fast even in trashy iron places. The ability to adjust recover speed is awesome! Factory setting is pretty darn fast!

I love the 12 kHz setting for general hunting. It ran really stable. coins tend to have their own one as opposed to junk targets.

I will continue to play with it and learn in before I can give a full review. There is no perfect machine for sure!

All that said I still LOVE my E-Trac! I trust and know it very very well!

Anyone want question answered feel free to give me a call or check out the XP Deus on my site! Love to make anyone a great deal on one!

At the end of the day its a single freq machine that's light wireless and has fast recovery, from what i am hearing those are the selling points, when they start hitting the ground looking for coins US style the finds will speak louder than any words, so i like many others will be waiting to see what shows up :biggrin:

i say all this with no disrespect to dealers selling them hope you all sell a bunch of them then field reports from every day users will decide the fate of this machine on US silver etc..

BP

Marshal, Get use to experts friend or folks who tout there favorite when others who have spent the coin to try it post their results only to be met by skeptics. I corresponded with your friend over the years and he was a great guy who had the passion. I shared the same passion and have been on a life's journey to find my "Excalibur." RIP John. I know your life was enriched by the great hobby we all pursue.

SwampeR said:
It will be interesting to see which manufacturer here will be first to introduce the Deus new competitor, as sales will suffer. Any thoughts?

sales of US made machines have already been hit by the XP brand in the UK as UK rallies show .
Deus machines sell well but very few come on the second hand market in the UK .
theyre keepers and easilly pay for themselves with the finds they make here ,even though they are pricy to buy .

-- moved topic --