Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how does the Vanquish do on Bottlecaps?

I'm deciding whether to buy a Vanquish. The only info missing is how the machine sounds and ID on bottlecaps?
Is it a solid ID and tone, or a mix of iron and good tone / jumpy ID?
Will one be fooled big time ?

On the equinox, it says to switch between multi-freq, and single freq to identify bottlecaps; but one can't do that with the Vanquish as it is multi-freq all the time.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Bottle caps and screw tops are a problem when trying to find gold - always have been. They give solid signals pulltabs 13, Screw tops 23, bottle caps 14. In a new park I set up discrimination so I only hit 25 or above, so I never dig trash, just dimes 25 (sometimes a deep Memorial), quarters 29-32, and of course silver. The Vanquish 540 is a dime, quarter, and silver MONSTER!

I'm deciding whether to buy a Vanquish. The only info missing is how the machine sounds and ID on bottlecaps?
Is it a solid ID and tone, or a mix of iron and good tone / jumpy ID?
Will one be fooled big time ?

On the equinox, it says to switch between multi-freq, and single freq to identify bottlecaps; but one can't do that with the Vanquish as it is multi-freq all the time.

Thanks in advance

Ken
Ken,

I have several detectors that are favorites from Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Nokta / Makro, Tesoro and White's. I have owned the Equinox 800 but I didn't care for the adjustment functions and parted with it because I could usually get the same, or actually better, in-the-fild performance with my Vanquish 540. I bought the Pro Pack and keep the 5X8 DD mounted full-time because it handles most common environments quite well, and that includes the old CCC camps, POW camps, and other Bottle Cap littered places I visit, like sports fields, rodeo stadiums and other bleacher-type sites where Bottle Caps abound.

Bottle Caps, as we all learn or know, are one of the most annoying pieces of modern junk man has made, and they are often difficult to 'audible classify' regardless of the make-or-model used. That said, I do hunt some really challenging Bottle Cap sites and most often grab my V-540 for that task. I use my 'Custom' program that accepts all Disc. notches except the first two. Then I rely on the turn-on default of High Iron-Bias and have fund it does a better-than-average job to audibly or visually 'classifying' most of the Bottle Caps I encounter.

Monte

I’ve been having good luck with my 540 on the beach......I hunt in Jewelry mode with nothing notched out......you usually get the iron grunt along with good tone but, the # I D goes all over the place from - to + . Easy to tell or distinguish!....Sometimes I dig anyways just to confirm.