Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how is the racer for jewlery?

petew

I've been watching this machine and it looks like a winner.I almost bought a whites because I've never owned one but think they're good.
My last machine was a signum and it was fast too,and the racer performance looks similar.Im a coin and jewelry hunter,and would just like to know how it performs in that the jewelry department?
Thanks

Very sensivite to gold. Not as deep as the Signum. Easier to set up than the Signum.

That's great,thanks.I'm sold on the racer,I just hope I can get a good deal on the pro pack.I really just want the 5 inch coil with the pro pack,I don't need a hat or carry bag..lol

Oh yeah,I wanna make sure the minelabs guys see me coming...lol.......hat,t shirt and a flashlight on the end of my stick.

The Racer's operating frequency is 14 kHz. There just isn't a better VLF frequency for gold. That said--there is no substitute for basic skills. I've learned to focus on signals that are up above 50 VDI. These turn out to be dense foils--the ones that mimic gold. The range up above that has a lot of room to get accurate with--that is--a penny or a screw cap is way up over 80. I'm just starting to get some notes down on where the various tabs come in. As well, the digital display is accurate enough that anything elongated or containing various metals (alloyed) will give a scattered response. I'm at the point where the tabs I'm digging are round ones with no "tongue"--a good sign. This detector has a great array of target ID features too and although I started off asking a lot of questions, as I get out there and dig--a lot of the junk is obvious by one of these (audio, digital,) or another. This detector has great potential as a jewelry machine. If anything the skill is in learning how and when to turn it down.
cjc