Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many of you have done this?

Jeff in Pa

I went to an old ballfield today and it was totally polluted with trash. I then switched to modified Andy S. Trash program that I have named "Cherry PK". The main things on it are Reactivity on 2 or 3 and disc out everything except a 3 number window for nickels and then a small area for Wheats up to 50 cent silvers and dig the high tones! Ended up pulling the good stuff out of the trash. In close to an hour I pulled clad, a Wheat and a Buff!! I don't seem to get many Buffs so I was tickled with it!

Jeff

Yes the book is very good. I have had two other books Andy has done for the. Minelab detectors and this one is equally as good or better at explaining things.

Well worth buying.

Jeff

are you talking about page 106?? Jeff

I'm trying to create a database of all the good programs and putting it on my IPHONE

I'd love it we could somehow delete the pre-loaded programs if we wanted

I'm never gonna make it across the pond and no gold fields in New Hampsha

that book is the bomb

Yes page 106 but I then modified it much more. Works very good!

One day I went to a ballfield and had the Deus setup to do nothing but pluck the clad quarters with a screwdriver. That was a lot of fun because the place was so littered with trash and with the Deus setup right finding any of the quarters was easy!

I seen a guy hunting it with an Ace 250 but I think the trash was to much for
Him because it was full of quarters.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback - I am glad that the book has helped Deus owners around the world . . . and thanks to all those that provided the input that helped make it as jam-packed as it turned into.

Best of luck in 2014!

Andy

I hear you fellow Deus users. I did the exact same this week. I went to a local modern park that appears to date around the early 1970's. So far I have not found anything older than 1970 and most 70's era coins are down around 4-5 inches. So yesterday I decided to set the Dues up to find clad quarters only. Clad quarters were coming in loud and clear at 93 using 12kHz's so I simply selected the Basic 1 factory
program and ramped up the discrimination to 91, Silencer to 4 to help eliminate rusty bottle caps and took off. In just over two hours I recovered 54 quarters and one round knob that looks like it came off of some sort of a radio and not one rusty bottle cap. Even though this is not my traditional way of detecting, I still had a lot of fun and plan on going back for some more easy pic-kens. The Dues is one of those detectors
that you simply do not want to put down. I think that once I clean out most of the shallow clad quarters, I'll set the Dues up for dimes and copper pennies. Sometimes, its just fun to get away from the serious side of detecting and do some good ole cherry picking. :)