Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to remove coil cover from Kruzer 5x9.5 coil??

pine3874

Does anyone have a trick on how to remove the coil cover from the 5x9.5 Kruzer coil? I have blood blisters on the tips of my fingers from trying to remove the cover. The 7" coil cover comes right off with no problems, but the 5x9.5 cover is a real Bit@#!! I finally did get it off and it was full of sand from water hunting, so really needs to be cleaned out every time after hunting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have a similar coil (the FC24) on the Fors CoRe. I had to take a small flat head screwdriver to pry it off gently. I managed to get it off after much work. I'm not putting it back on unless I'm hunting in rocky terrain. If the tiniest amount of sand and water get in there, it sticks like glue.

lay the top of the coil across your stomach with the hardare closest to you. hold the wand with your non-dominat hand. then reach around and grip the back edge and pull--moving your grip from one side to the other. I find this method to be a good way to seperate any coil cover.
cjc

If you've use it a bit and there's "stuff" between the cover and coil or even moisture is more difficult.
I set my coils in the sun bottom side up for a couple minutes to warm the cover up, use a screwdriver around the edges carefully to not pry out too far, then I slowly work the cover off little by little. Think of removing the lid from a paint can. Little here, little there. Once you get it off a couple times, it'll loosen up. Good idea to clean out in between especially after going under water (my opinion). But I'm anal and I always clean out between the cover and coil. If too much "stuff" gets between it can actually mess with the field and throw off the detector

It's definitely a tight fit but compared to a couple I had
from Tesoro that would fall off its fine by me.
Just have to slowly work the edge from front to back.