Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HOW WOULD YOUR COMPARE THE RACER TO THE SOVEREIGN GT

I have both and they aren't even close to each other. The Racer is about 20 times faster in its response, way lighter weight, much easier to set up. Has a meter, and an LED light. The Racer uses 4 AA batteries, and has a pinpoint trigger. the racer is red instead of blue. The GT will go deeper in wet saltwater beach sand. But otherwise they're identical. :bouncy:

Agreed, I had the GT and now the racer...diff. in many ways and good to go for diff. reasons. Both would make a good unit depending on location IMHO

Really. Their nothing alike except they both are Metal Detectors..

No comparison as they are in different classes.
To me the Sovereign is in the top class while the Racer is in the middle class.
I have 2 of the Racers myself and using one and going to sell the new one if I can find a buyer for a Racer with the Pro pack as it was going to be my wife's to use, but she can have the one I use while I use my GT when we hunt together.

"I used both of those Wednesday last.
The field was a new one first detected that morning. I began with the "Racer" but after the toughest 15mins ever from electric fence interference blipping had to retreat to the car and fire up the "Sov".

I had found a single copper coin with the "Racer" but couldn't differentiate [ signals ] from [ pulses ] which were the heaviest pulses ever experienced from a detector.
Changing the Freq Shift did nothing.
Reducing Gain from the Preset 70 in Three Tone didn't help.
The "Sov" was affected as well but wasn't as severely put out as the "Racer" was.

A call to a meal put an end to the session but prior to that I had recovered a good quantity of finds"

Des D