Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hows the battery's?

wvrick

I use LiPo's a lot in radio control and I'm up on their technology pretty good having used them for 8yrs now. I really wish they were another type battery and easier to replace. How are they holding up in a detector? I know in my planes, quads and helis they are changed each flight.

I found this video also, not bad to change. And found battery for .99 ~ $6.00 ... Thanks for the replys!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uV3zuI4JAA[/video]

From what I have read here and in the UK forums looks like some have more than 5 or 6 years on them
and they are still going.

As others have said, the LiON batteries that come with the Deus must be from Everready as the "Go and Go and GO" . . . . most of the original units from 2009 are still on the original batteries. It is easy to replace the batteries in the control unit and headphones . . . doing the coil is best left to the service center as it ensures the waterproof aspect is maintained . . . . very reasonable to do the replacement when it is needed

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
As others have said, the LiON batteries that come with the Deus must be from Everready as the "Go and Go and GO" . . . . most of the original units from 2009 are still on the original batteries. It is easy to replace the batteries in the control unit and headphones . . . doing the coil is best left to the service center as it ensures the waterproof aspect is maintained . . . . very reasonable to do the replacement when it is needed

Andy

I had never seen the LiON battery in searching, only the LiPo. That is good to know having used and still use LiPo's. LiON are more stable and not the fire hazard the LiPo's are. Thanks for the extra battery info Andy.

i must be around 4 years now , all good too

wvrick said:
I use LiPo's a lot in radio control and I'm up on their technology pretty good having used them for 8yrs now. I really wish they were another type battery and easier to replace. How are they holding up in a detector? I know in my planes, quads and helis they are changed each flight.

The batteries are the best batteries on the market! Zero problems here. I wish everyone would switch to these type batteries!

I have thousands of hours using LiPo batteries, I own 26 right now and used them since 2005 when the technology came out. LiPo's are dangerous if overcharged or damaged, nature of the beast. I just retired from a industry that uses batteries everyday and LiPo's are the most unstable battery made. These are 1S batteries meaning 1 cell, I have between 1S and 6S but the danger is the same and they have burned many homes to the ground. Everyone needs to store them in a safe place.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc8NTkUKJ8k[/video]

i had a look at mine and they have the 2009 on them and still ok , but you can get a same battery from Sparkfun for $7-95 and takes 10 minutes to change it ,thats for the phones and control box ,dont know about the battery in the coil yet