Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Humbling moments in metaldetecting history

Ouch ,! How or why did i miss that VALUABLE target? twice now i invited a new detectorist hunting with me to spots id thought i cleaned out ? nice guy right , once on the au sauble river in winter a canoe launch , hes was following me with a Garrett gold with a 15 inch garbage can lid on it moving like a turtle , he found where id just been , a gold signet ring and 5 gold teeth in 30 foot area near shore , i was embarrassed , angry , and had to force myself to be happy for him as he was doing his happy dance and laughing, and this same detectorist was following me on the shoreline of a resort beach where id found a nice mens gold ring , a year earlier, hes was behind me a little more near the shore , i said theirs nothing here and pick up my detector and headed to the truck a few swings later right where id stoped he found a huge antique jem stone silver ring , with a high value, , it is so hard to put on a happy face while riding in the same truck all the way home , yes i do want people i invite to find some good targets but not following me lol. hound slow down ! Was most of my problem, but if youve metaldetected sandy lake bottoms with a new layer of silt. Like in the spring The pattern your coil makes on the bottom shows a long pie shaped missed section berween every swing toward the outer edge because my swings are flat but arched , since seeing my swing patern and missing good targets and eating humble pie im trying to over lap and slow down a bit more. . he does have a bigger coil and uses it like a scapel , he caught on way to quick , i dont hunt with him much anymore. But i would like to have some tokens made up offering free lessons from WaterHound and throw them in his water hunt sites just to get him back lol

I got a guy like that, call him a Claim Jumper. (Jokingly) He has slid in near me and scored gold couple times. Twice I tipped him to another area down the beach, last year he got a gold ring this year he gets 20 quarters. I do Ok when he ain't around, but that sucker kills me more than not. Today's beach conditions neither of us bringing down the house. Like the old saying. "Miss it by a inch, Mays as while be a mile..

Morning Dancer , i here ya so true if i dont laugh ill scream , all this brings to mind would i train someone so quickly again and why do i hunt alone 99 percent of the time , most like sharing their finds after the hunt , and club and buddy hunts can be alot of fun , , when i go with someone else i will yield shallow or deep or right down middle of the swim hole and ill take the edge , i think the reason i go alone is so i can site hop to where ever my coil leads me , and early bird does get the ring , , i have found out their are few local detectorist that dont share my joy of finding gold so often , i one said give me a map of where you dont go , not happy , and another has to take a deep breath and as he exhales says WHERE AT IN A GRUFFLY VOICE , hilarious, very competitive hobby at times , one day while hunting a water site i turned around and on shore was a hunched over dark human shape with two piercing eyes scrutinizin my every swing it was one of them , he was not happy , and ive learned be careful how i approach detectorist in water many of them want to be left alone . fisherman get really angry if your even in the water. And lets not forget people who think they own the water land and park , very humbling no wonder hiloxyota on utubes looks over his shoulder, but still worth all it arrrrrrrrr