Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt at burnt home site yields Merc and shiny blobs

407floyd

Finally got some relics cleaned from one of the two burned home sites hunted on 5-25-14. Found 1929D Merc, 1946 and 1947 nickel, brass winding key, british penny, 16 ga Winchester Repeater shell, 16 ga U.M.C.Co. New Club shell, 12 ga Remington UMC New Club shell, a big blue faceted glass jewel, and 3 shiny silver blobs. The 2 on the top are heavy and the bottom is light so I'm assuming it is aluminum. Maybe silver on the top two. I don't know what melted silver should look like.

weigh them both.... silver will weigh more than alum.. or dip them in sulfuric acid, it will eat up alum.

but not the silver. Battery acid might be strong enough to react on the alum. ( it's sulfuric acid that

has been diluted ). Sulfuric acid is bad stuff; do not get on skin or in eye's !!! If you do wash it off

with running water ASAP ! Flush eyes for several minutes with running water. Keep kids and pets

away from where you use it. Protect eyes while using it .

i have found several shiny metal BLOBS in the area i hunt. i know a few are melted cans
they do controlled burns in the area. but a few of the other blobs do not appear to be cans.
and appear to have been something else . gonna have to dig`em out and check.
TY for the info on the Acid test D-Tex.
and nice hunt 407floyd ...