Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I actually took 2 steps away before going back to dig

Dancer

Been hunting a soccer field behind a Elementary School built in 65 or 66. This field has very deep top soil so the coins can really sink. Anyway I cleared most of the shallow coins last year. My last 4 hunts I've been hunting in creep mode for those deep ones. I'd say 75% of of them are six to eight inches Deep. Some call it a whisper. To my ears it sounds more like a squeaky sigh. That's when the hunter got to make the call to dig or pass. Listening to the X I can call Junk most of the time but you got to dig to be sure on some of them. Those dimes laying 6 to 8" down can be very faint. Back to the target I almost left. I came back and scanned it from different directions. Not overly deep but the signal had a distortion I haven't heard before. So I took a plug and up popped a Shiny 40% Silver 1967 Kennedy Half Dollar. Huh. Checking the hole got another hit. A 1971 Half with no Silver content. They were laying very close to each other but not touching. That silver laying near the clad coin made for a different signal. The X called me back to them. The two halfs in the picture are at the top. The clad one is going to take some cleaning. Got a wasit at the bottom of the picture. I have no idea. To the left, the usual suspects, Trash.

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_115348.jpg
    IMG_20200505_115348.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 256
Been hunting a soccer field behind a Elementary School built in 65 or 66. This field has very deep top soil so the coins can really sink. Anyway I cleared most of the shallow coins last year. My last 4 hunts I've been hunting in creep mode for those deep ones. I'd say 75% of of them are six to eight inches Deep. Some call it a whisper. To my ears it sounds more like a squeaky sigh. That's when the hunter got to make the call to dig or pass. Listening to the X I can call Junk most of the time but you got to dig to be sure on some of them. Those dimes laying 6 to 8" down can be very faint. Back to the target I almost left. I came back and scanned it from different directions. Not overly deep but the signal had a distortion I haven't heard before. So I took a plug and up popped a Shiny 40% Silver 1967 Kennedy Half Dollar. Huh. Checking the hole got another hit. A 1971 Half with no Silver content. They were laying very close to each other but not touching. That silver laying near the clad coin made for a different signal. The X called me back to them. The two halfs in the picture are at the top. The clad one is going to take some cleaning. Got a wasit at the bottom of the picture. I have no idea. To the left, the usual suspects, Trash.
Sometimes That little voice tells you to go back and dig.