Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I agree

A

Anonymous

The articles I have read on the Ni-Mh states that the battery has to be woke up by charging and discharging several times before you will get the max performance out of them. This is why I like my Sunray Super charger as it will discharge to a safe level and then charge to a safe level and go to a pulse trickle charge. I will run them thought 2 or 3 cycles with my new pack that come with the Explorer and also those I build.
I also find those that try to run higher voltage to their detectors are not gaining anything other than maybe time on a charge. I think if they run that same amount of batterys only a larger storage cap. they would be better off. Most all electroinc equipment runs on a set voltage and has a voltage reg built into it, so if it is a 9 volt it need it will regulate the voltage to 9 volts if you put 12 volts to it or 20 volts it is regulated to 9 volts only for the curcuits to work, if it didnt have a voltage reg it will ruin many of the curcuits as they are voltage sensitive plus as soon as the voltage droped a little your performance would too, so you would be replacing or recharging batteries many times a day.
Rick