Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I already have questions

Stephen (TX)

Okay, I decided to give the CZ-5 a try and I have a question. With my Shadow X-3 my gold wedding band hits in the nickel range but when I tried to ID it with the CZ-5, I had to turn the disc. down to 2 before I got a signal. The ring hit in the foil range. This seems to be a disadvantage because as a coinshooter, I usually disc out foil and set my disc. just below the nickel. I have tried several gold rings with the Shadow and most of them will still give a signal at that setting and mimic a nickel when the nickel switch is activated. I have found several gold items that way while coinshooting. Have you experienced CZ-5 users found that most of your gold rings will ID in the foil or pulltab range? I'm not bad mouthing the CZ-5, I'm just admitting that I have no experience with this machine and would like some experienced opinions..Thanks

if your trying to find gold jewelry with a CZ, you need to run as little descrimination as possible. I usually set my CZ5 & CZ70 to just below foil, but if I'm in a real trashy area, I will notch foil & relic and just go for coins.

Now the CZ3d, is supposed to throw nickel as well as gold into a high tone, but I have'nt experienced that with mine yet.

But with the Shadow X3, you have one of the top coin & jewelry machines on the market,the only thing that wouold have made it better was a meter.

is that as the size, and purity, go up, the signal will go up on the meter. I have found many gold rings with both my CZ-5 and CZ-20, with signals in Foil, Nickel, Pullring, Pulltab, and one at Zinc Cent. The majority come in at Foil.

I never run my Disc. above 0 Disc. I want to hear all that iron, as that lets me know when I'm in a junky area. When I hear lots of iron, I slow my sweep down and pay attention.

HH from Allen in MI

Allen is correct on the size and purity of a ring affecting the ID response. The only thing I can think of to explain what you are seeing when comparing the two machines is that the CZ's have a very tight window for the nickel category. This lets you get most nickels without digging a lot of trash. It must be that the nickel check on the X3 allows more (or all) of the lower responding items above the minimum disc setting you are using to respond (or is it fall out?). The foil notch is where its at for the small, lower conductive, rings when using a CZ.

HH Tom

Jackpine hit the nail on the head as the CZ has a tight nickel range to alleviate a lot of junk.
Gold rings can hit all over your meter and have heard of a few even hitting in coins all as the ring must have had a lot of silver mixed with it and it was large..Sorry to say not many gold rings will hit dead nickel and one top Whites man has a ring program where he doesn't include nickels as he feels its not even worth digging nickels to find a gold ring. Do remember the Whites unit has an excellent notching system and he notched out nickel when searching for gold rings. Remember CZ5's have a high tone for nickels, zinc and coins all for a true coins mode. In retrospect have dug two gold rings in 13 years that hit dead nickel, but my wife has a gold mothers ring that hits dead nickel, so you be the judge..do dig the foil signals as thats where the thin gold womans rings with nice stones are and cover approx. 1/3 of gold rings lost..Any further explanations needed..let me know and all units have their own parameters where items are disked out...

Sounds like it works ok far as what I have noted everyone saying about cz's.

I can vouch for my cz70Pro on most gold rings, the womens smaller then mens rings most all come in at the foil category. Out of possibly around 80 gold rings of different karat ratings but all womens sizes none came under nickel most all under foil a few above nickel into the pulltab range.
Mens larger gold rings came in pulltabs and again not under nickel. Only one came under 4th tone this is 62 rings tried.

When using my cz looking for rings I for sure look at the foil hits and sometimes will notch out nickels altogether if I hit on types of aluminum and pulltabs that emulate nickels.
Like Dan PA says nickels category on a cz are pretty tight and I don't think many gold rings will come in as a nickel not to say it can't happen as gold can come in anywhere but just saying the most likely are pulltabs and foil for the gold jewelry.

HH

Dan R.