Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am on fire...10k with ice!!!

REVIER

The weather was still pleasant today, cold will come back in soon enough so I just have to get out as much as I can and take advantage of this break in the winter.
I found my first 22k ring 2 days ago in a park just happy to be digging even though most of the soil is still rock hard frozen past a couple inches.
Went to the same park yesterday to look for more at the same area but just a few coins popped up on that one.
Today I decided to go to another favorite park I have not visited for awhile just to change things up.
Still staying shallow, the soil is still frozen at this park too more than a few inches deep but just enjoying the nicer weather was the goal so I was having a great time coin shooting.
I was hitting areas around picnic pavilions but wandered into the more wide open areas too with less trash and that is where I found this thing so once again in this large area finding this baby was pure luck...and I love getting lucky.
X marks the spot in the pic of the site below.

Switched back to 4H tones on the F70 and I forgot how much I enjoy this setting after using 1 tone mostly since late last year.
Also for the last few weeks I have been using the standard 10" elliptical again because depth is not what I need right now and the smooth response of this coil is enjoyable.
Evidently this coil is trying to tell me something because for the second time in 3 days it sniffed out another stellar ring.
A solid signal, pretty much stayed between 31 and 32 on every pass from several directions, but 2 nickels and a couple of pieces of can slaw acted the same way earlier so I did not get real excited.
Then I stuck my digger in the ground and pried up about 2" of soil and when I looked THAT is when I got excited.
See the pic of the hole and what I saw below.
I only saw the edge of the band but I had dug 3 other rings in the past with the same curvy lines I noticed on this one and I suspected, hoped, this was going to be what they call a channel ring and every channel ring I have found in the past always had at least 3 if nor 4 real diamonds nestled nicely in that channel.
I pulled it out, turned it around after knocking off the dirt and bingo, I was right on in my guess.
Not a mark I could see at the time but later at home using a loupe I could make out a very small and very faded 10k mark but if you saw how those rocks were glistening in the sunlight you had to know they were real so this thing being gold wasn't an issue...just what kind of gold is the info I needed to know and now I do.

Two beautiful gold rings in 3 days in January in a month that I might have been out maybe only 6 times on some very short hunts due to the bad weather.
This might just bee shaping up to one of my best years ever if the soil would just cooperate and defrost some more.
Not that I really need it too considering what I am finding at shallow depths lately.

Outstanding and amazing! You are certainly on a record pace right out of the gate this year! Sweet!:clapping:
Mud

Oh, you might want to hold off on your shipment to ARA...at this rate, you will have to drive it over there in a dumptruck!:clapping:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Oh, you might want to hold off on your shipment to ARA...at this rate, you will have to drive it over there in a dumptruck!:clapping:
Mud

Thanks mud...From your mouth to God's ear as my mother used to say.:laugh:

2 gold rings in 3 days....great accomplishment:thumbup:

There ya go brother, and 22 K too. Wo0t!!

Scored a little yellow myself last Saturday evening. Looks like 2015 is off to great start, and I have the Cutlass back up and running too. She found the yellow, so no numbers.

Congrats again,

Lakota

Thanks all!

Took a little movie of the extraction with my cell phone when I first saw it.
I could only see the side, but the 2 lines on it looked familiar and because I had dug 3 other rings in the exact same style with diamonds in the past I suspected this one would have them too.
Love being right about stuff like this.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=33urZox0HZU[/video]