Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I.D. with garrett 1250

A

Anonymous

I bought the garrett 1250 from kellyco a year ago.
And i got a question for id on this system , it only id's the pennies correct canadien or american but for the nickle quarter the id jumps around and alot of times doesn't doesn't id them as money.
Does anybody have this problem? if so why have a machine to id when it doesn't work 3/4 of the time now i just dig up everthing i find.
Would the gti 2500 worked better?

I am impressed with the ID ability of the 2500.
Exact in discriminate to about 8", up to 10+"
in AM. Of course, there are both, ferrous and
non-ferrous items that will "fool" any detector.
Expect that, but other than that, it's dead-on.
RichardnTN

seems like your 1250 needs to go to the doctor. It isn't suppose to work that way.

How The 1500 Reads Canada Coins.
Posted By: John-Edmonton <Send E-Mail> (S01060006258f0070.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: Thursday, 22 July 2004, at 6:10 p.m.
Mmmmm, Canadian Coins........ Let me first start out with pennies. Old pennies, new pennies,Canadian pennies, USA pennies, Lincoln pennies, Indian head pennies, King George V Pennies, zinc pennies. They will all read in the penny range, plus or minus a couple notches.
Silver Coins, no problems there either. All the GTA machines like them. They ID in the higher coin range.
Nickels. Well, some will read in the nickel/pull tab range, and some will read in the penny range. You want nickels, you gotta dig lots of pull tabs and lots of pennies. But then again, you will also surprise yourself with gold and silver rings occaisionally.
Dimes....Canadian dimes....mmmm...freshly, recent circulated Canadian dimes may not read at all, even with no discrimination, especially if they are not entirely horizontal. Try it..set a new 2004 dime on the ground and play with it. The surface needs some exposure to the elements and some oxidation, then they will be picked up by the 1500, but not necessarily in the dime region, but maybe 3-4 notches below the penny mark. The older clad dimes are a little more lively and lock on much better then the recent ones. The signal for both can also bounce around a bit too. Quite often, you pull up a plug and can't get a signal anymore. That's a hint that a Canadian dime is hiding under there.
Quarters, well somewhat better. They can bounce around the Quarter notch and nickel notch, or maintain a steady signal at the quarter notch. They can also disappeared in a pulled plug, but not as often, as they have a greater mass.
Loonies...give a strong audible signal, somewhere in the coin range.
Toonies. Can fool you. Sometimes those bi-metal coins give a solid signal, sometime a real iffy signal. Some non-Garrett machines won't make a noise at all. But the Toonies will read as a coin size object.
Advice...obvious loud, double signals are usually shallow pennies. Other then that, when you get a signal, play with it a bit. Go back and forth in different directions at different speeds. Quite often the majority of the hits end up in the coin range, so you Gotta dig it. Dig-it!
Hope this helps!
I got my answer thanks

Pinpointing correctly is critical on these machines. If you don't have the target centered correctly readings will be off. How do you go about centering your target?
Bill