Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I dusted off my G2

Digger70pa

I dusted off my G2 yesteday. I used a 13" Detech Ultimate coil. I used it directly under a high voltage power lines. It was a little sparky but I was able to run the sensitivity wide open at 100%. The area is old with lots of iron. We stumbled on to it looking for civil war relics. I think it wasn't hunted hard from being directly under power lines. I really forgot how easy this machine is to use. It thrives in iron. The ground is very hot also. We normally use pulse machines to cope with it. My buddy found a 1 reale & a USA button at this area. My best find is a Nova Constellatio coin at this spot. I had iron and buttons come out of the same hole. I think that's cool. Like i said though I used this machine for years civil war relic hunting & know it pretty well.

Attachments

• 16821619130030.jpg
    16821619130030.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 16821619239530.jpg
    16821619239530.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 108
You don't have to screw with all the settings and still makes good finds. The easiest machine to take good finds. The 800 is a little better but not buy much. Just my experience. Deeper yes depends where you hunt. All of my best finds were with the goldbug on inland hunts . Very immune to EMI. The best attribute. Tight tdi and the audio is great. The 800 is used at the beach. The one thing with the gold bug which works well at places like VA Beach you hit every high tone with toe and you can easily figure out bottle caps and do not have to mess with iron bias. Saves alot of time due to the partying on the beach. Wonce in wet sand things change

You don't have to screw with all the settings and still makes good finds. The easiest machine to take good finds. The 800 is a little better but not buy much. Just my experience. Deeper yes depends where you hunt. All of my best finds were with the goldbug on inland hunts . Very immune to EMI. The best attribute. Tight tdi and the audio is great. The 800 is used at the beach. The one thing with the gold bug which works well at places like VA Beach you hit every high tone with toe and you can easily figure out bottle caps and do not have to mess with iron bias. Saves alot of time due to the partying on the beach. Wonce in wet sand things change
It really shines in hot ground & in iron. My G2 beats my T2se when in those conditions relic hunting.