Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Guess That's It For Me And My ATX :cry:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
OHOHOH_zps1fbd3bff.jpg~original

I am going to put the ATX away for the season. It was -28 today, cold enough to even make a grown man cry. I took the ATX out to exercise my wit, and here's my result. I sure do miss sandy beaches, girls in their bikinis and gold in my scoop. I am depending on seeing all the adventures and pics posted here of the many great finds for the next 5 months. Cabin fever sucks!

OHSPICY_zpsf387ee0f.jpg~original

To keep myself sane, I made a nice batch of spicy black molasses beef jerky tonite. Several pieces plus a cold beer put a smile on my face.

Man thats cold dude....that jerky however sounds awesome!

BK

I think we had some of that white stuff about 10 years ago, so we must be due for some more.
With the county being only 16 miles wide where we live, in the middle, it is very rare that we cannot get out detecting.
The sand started to be scoured out but the change in wind direction has brought some back in again.
Last week some of the finds were very thick with concretion, nothing special but shows that the really old stuff is being found.
Will be please when the ATX is available over here as it looks like it is the ideal machine for my detecting but with rip off British prices may be expensive.

John-Edmonton said:
OHOHOH_zps1fbd3bff.jpg~original

I am going to put the ATX away for the season. It was -28 today, cold enough to even make a grown man cry. I took the ATX out to exercise my wit, and here's my result. I sure do miss sandy beaches, girls in their bikinis and gold in my scoop. I am depending on seeing all the adventures and pics posted here of the many great finds for the next 5 months. Cabin fever sucks!

OHSPICY_zpsf387ee0f.jpg~original

To keep myself sane, I made a nice batch of spicy black molasses beef jerky tonite. Several pieces plus a cold beer put a smile on my face.

Well it's about 90F down here at the moment (quite cool actually)......plus sandy beaches, gold, and bikinis in my scoop.....:biggrin::ausflag:

Tony...

How'd you find a bikini with a metal detector and get it in your scoop?

That's quite a trick! :clapping:

Cheers,

Tye

3/4 Cup of Soy Sauce
3/4 Cup of Worcestershire sauce
3/4 Cup of Teriyaki Sauce
1/3 Cup Liquid Smoke
1/2 Cup of Molasses
1 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
1 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar
Hot sauce or cayenne pepper to your liking.

Mix together well. Get about 5 LBS of your favorite meat sliced up to about 3/8" and put the two together in a large bowl or bag to marinate for at least 24 hours. Dry in dehydrator or what you have.
Mine was done in about 7 hours. After I layed the wet strips on the racks, I went over them with crushed peppercorn to spice them up.
I took a bunch to work today and have never had such good comments before for this recipe. I figure I have made at least 100 lbs this past year of different types, and this is the best by far!

John