Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have the DFX-MXT-Any one compared those against the 50-Who knows I mite buy my First Minelab

Hi deathwind1,

Your question is being covered in other threads, sometimes in detail, so you might want to do a search on DFX and MXT on this forum.

I have used both the MXT and DFX and now an X-Terra 50. I would not give up my DFX for the X-Terra as the DFX has far more adjustability. But I do very much like the X-Terra in that in some ways it has exactly the subset of DFX features that I use most often, in an easy to operate, lightweight package.

I have literally found pounds of gold nuggets with my MXT, but find it a bit noisy for general purpose detecting. It does have the power to get the job done, but the noise and lack of notching leads me to prefer the DFX for general purpose detecting. For the same reasons I prefer the X-Terra 50 for general purpose detecting over the MXT.

But I sure as heck am not getting rid of my MXT!!

Steve Herschbach

and i have an MXT too. For now all i can say is: hold on to your MXT.
After a few hours on the XTerra i think it is very sensitive but Target ID doesn`t come close to that of the MXT.
But don`t jump on me now.....it is my first impression after a few hours. It still can change later.

Andy

I only have around 8 hours on my X-TERRA 50 and i too have a MXT plus a few other detectors and at this time I feel the MXT has a better ID, but I too need more hours with the X Terra to get to know it.
This is a few thing I have notice with the X Terra 50. Deep nails and some bigger iron will lock on to 45 on this detector and give the high tone too. A deep round pulltab will read 30-33 in the ground, but only 18 out of the ground like it should. I have seen the sweep speed change the ID on some target. The X-TERRA 50 is very sensitive and seeing some small items. I am seeing some deeper 22 short casing at depth you would have to see to believe. I am seeing some problems with the pinpointing as the target sound too big many of the times and see where you have to go slower to pinpoint or lift the coil to get it to pinpoint. Rusty can will give some great signals too in the ground, but out of the ground they are very broken up.
It might help if I went to a site I have been working hard with the Explorer and the Sovereign,but have got a merc and a silver rosie in with a rusty bolt and just got 2 wheaties a 1918 and a 1920 in the same hole that read 38-42 which is higher than normal that were down around 9-10 inches I had missed before.
I will say it is light weight and you can swing it all day, but this detector is not to replace the Explorer, the Quattro or the Sovereign as they are better detector, but to give a easy to use detector for some area you want to check out before you get serious. It seems to be a great detector and like all detector you have to get to know it to do great with it.

Rick