Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have the Minelab Excalibur 1000 in mind. What would you say to persuade me to get the Infinium?

king-ghidorah

I have been thinking about getting the Excalibur 1000 from Minelab. What are the pluses & minuses of the Infinium LS over the Excal?

This has been talked about a little bit in Beach hunting forum of which the majority are Excal men:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,825049,826546#msg-826546

I want to see what the other side has to say.

My brother has a Excal and is part owner of the Infinium with me. The Excal is great unit it nulls out trash very well, the real differance is the Infinium is a PI as I am sure you know with that you have to expect it will pick up everything. The Infinium has clear audible indications as to how good a target is, learning these is no different than any other machine. The Infinium has a bigger learning curve than the Excal. Is the Excal better at rings and coins on the beach, NO! The choice is preferential, I look for gold also so the Infinium has it's advantages. I really can't give you any reason why or why not the choice is yours. Good Luck!

I own both machines. The reason why i bought the infinium is to try and give me more of an advantage after the summer rush. Since the summer ended i have only used the infinium and pulled out 14 gold rings . Some were pretty deep. I am not saying the excal would not have found some of them ,but not all of them .So for me it is working for the reason i bought it. When fresh droppings come back into play i will use my Excal because i do not need to go deep>
LT

IF I could afford both machines I would buy them for pretty much the same concept of what you are doing. Someone else on here also expressed this to me in a PM.