Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I know I don't need to say this here but...

pulltabMiner

...I thought I would anyway.

The Deus is THE machine to beat, at least in the U.S, at this time.

The Proof:
In my post-Civil war city (incorporated in 1870), there has been a numerous and VERY active metal detecting community since at least the 1960's. For the size of our city, I can easily and without fear of error count 100 active detectorists at various skill levels. Practically every manufacturer is represented here.
As a result, our city parks are just about devoid of easy silver (within the first 6 inches of dirt and easily identifiable by tone and visual id). Now, I am convinced that there 1000's of silver coins left in our parks but I am the only one who TRULY believes this. And the reason why is that, although many people agree with me that it MAY be true that there are 1000's of silver coins left in our parks (and I am only talking city parks here), they are not finding silver coins in our city parks at the rate I am with the Deus.
It is not bragging, really. I am simply trying to convey a fact. The only person I know of, who is finding coins in our city parks in a consistent basis, uses an Etrac and he has found half the number of silver coins I have. And he hunts more than me!
AND, I am not even counting the Buffaloes,Indians,V's, jewelry and other assorted goodies I find on an every day basis with the Deus

At the end of the day, the Deus' speed and power cannot be matched by any other machine. I won't even talk about the superior ergonomics and design.
Now the 11" coil is poised to widen this gap even more.

Just when I think I have reached the machine's potential, I discover new and exciting nuances to the thing.

I won't apologize for my fanaticism here. No I won't. People tell me this often: "I don't want to dig 10'' holes". I simply sigh and move on. They don't have to dig 10" holes because their machines are not identifying targets at 10" deep. Mine is, with a 9" coil nonetheless.

I have found 49 silver coins so far this year with limited hunting time and from our city parks. I know this is small compared to some but again, my closest competition has found half that number (and many of his finds were made in private yards and properties).

And the year is not over... :)

1) In those city parks, separation and recovery speed is priority 1....and the Deus is at the top of the list in that category

2) Depth is less important...but still important. I don't have a Deus, but it seems to me that in reading about how it reacts to deep targets, sound is more important than ID and the it looks, you have your ear tuned to that machine.

3) Comfort level on long hunts only allows one to hunt longer ( does that make sense ? HA ). Can't beat the Deus for lightweight and ergonomics.

Salt water beach hunting is now in full swing for me, so a Deus is on the waiting list....but I still may end up getting one for dry sand hunting during.

Keep up the good work ! Suck up all that silver cuz they ain't making em no more !!!!

I started with the Ace 250

Eventually moved to the AT Pro.

When I felt I needed more power, I moved up to the White's V3i

I heard a lot about the CZ-3D so I bought one and used it for while.

Plus I get to hunt with a bunch of guys who used a variety of other detectors.

So I've used and seen used a large number of machines and I can compare the results in my soil, in my city, in my parks. I stand by my statement.

where are you located/what type of soill?

how long have you been running the deus?
how long did you have the v3i?

thanks in advance; trying to make an upgrade decision....

Frank in NH said:
What are you using in the parks for a program?

I am using Deus Fast with the following changes:

Frequency -- 12KHz
Reactivity -- 3
Iron Volume - 1
Power - 3
Sensitivity 90-95 depending on conditions (At 90-95, with power 3, I get a consistent, very light chattering)

Here's the reason why:
50.jpg

Notice the rusted iron crud on the upper left hand side of the coin. This is the culprit, which was in the hole with the dime.
wire.jpg

Now, the wire and the dime were not touching when I found them but I think at one time they were touching. Either that or that crud came from a different iron piece. long since dissolved.
Be that as it may, I believe Reactivity 3 is helping me find coins such as this, which by the way was almost 8 inches deep. It was a repeatable squeak from all sides and I also could hear the iron.

ecoast said:
where are you located/what type of soill?

how long have you been running the deus?
how long did you have the v3i?

thanks in advance; trying to make an upgrade decision....

I've been hunting with the Deus for a year and a half now.

I hunted with the V3i for almost a year.

I really like the V3i. By learning to use the V3i, learning the Deus was much easier. Were it now for the fact that the V3i weighs 4.5 lbs or so, I would have stayed with it. The ergonomic design of the Deus (light, wireless, collapsible) sold me on the decision to make the change. I don't regret it one bit. Having said that, if Whites ever redesigns the V3i to make it lighter and collapsible, I would get one as a second machine in a heartbeat.

Here's silver coin #50 for the year with the Deus. Just about 8 inches deep with iron in the hole.
50.jpg

Nice job.
Just got my xpd and haven't used it yet.
Perhaps this weekend.
Thanks for the motivation!

Thank you for this post! :please: I live in they same kind of town, old, hunted hard for years by dedicated and well equipped detectorists. I've been lurking and watching your forum with great interest, Good Job on the well written and informative post.:clapping:
Mud

You have the results to back it up! great job!