Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I lost the warble sound

BigTony

The last silver dime I detected a few weeks ago did not have the warble sound and the numbers were not like i am accustomed to getting.
Is it my hearing (I do have a hearing problem) or was it just the soil conditions?
I have been changing my settings but in testing can't duplicate it.
What is the main component for getting this alert in my headphones?
Going detecting now to see if i can test better outdoors.

It was the hearing aids - the doctor told me to use them when I detect just lower the volume.......well when I put the volume back and didn't wear the hearing aids I was able to hear the silver tone coming through the rusted ground. Reading was 03 29 and 03 30 - close enough for a target at five inches.

Tony,just FYI,and you can verify this in an air test...if you run Ferrous sounds the Variability will be greater than if in Conductive,the highest tone will be REALLY high. But if you run Conductive,and you can differentiate with it,stay put! Good to hear it's back...:lol:

IDX, thanks for that reply. I switched back to conductive and Bryce Brown's settings using a 10 x 12 sef. No brag but that helped me score five silvers after I switched.
But I will probably switch back to Ferrous at some point.

BigTony said:
IDX, thanks for that reply. I switched back to conductive and Bryce Brown's settings using a 10 x 12 sef. No brag but that helped me score five silvers after I switched.
But I will probably switch back to Ferrous at some point.

Yes,it's kind of weird! It's as though Ferrous works well in some places and then Conductive works well others...Im wondering if there's more to it than just an auditory difference in the way it reports a target. Capt SE says use Conductive especially on deep coins in parks because the CO side is the most stable and therefore reports more accurately. Cutaplug says the "magic" is in the FE numbers...on the eTrac anyway. I say...what works for YOU is what YOU should do! And if I found 5 silvers I'd sure as HELL be bragging!:lol:Nice work!!

IDX, thanks for your response I always enjoy reading your posts.
No brag about the five silvers, they were found over three different short hunts.
Going back over areas with different settings after you pounded that area with Ferrous, is what will produce more good targets. I am glad I did it and learned a few things.
I hear folks say that they go back over areas using a new machine or new coil and they pick up more targets. So by changing the Exp II's setting it is like having a new machine.
Next time I go there I will do one more thing and that is slow down a bit, I know I go just a little too fast.

Oh as to you saying, " there is a difference in how the machine reports a target" is spot on as they say. You can tell that by switching from one to the other on an iffy targets.
I do that, I know it's time consuming but hey I am only digging in dirt so why rush.

Agreed on all points,it's great to see someone else who loves their EX2! And,in the process of cross checking targets,if you find any useful info that comes to light don't forget to post back! I can use all the help I can get...