Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I put the T2 in its place in my machine line up.

Mike Hillis

The primary places I hunt in town are modern school and park sites. Every now and then I make it out to an older neighborhood park or school when the ground is conductive for digging holes, but for the most part, I hunt the modern ones. I have 231 school and parks sites to hunt. More than 200 of those are post 1950 modern sites.

:clap: When I'm hunting the modern school sites, the predominate trash item is foil and tabs. Aluminum. The T2 works great in this environment. The coil type and size gives great coverage and depth. For me, I don't need great depth at these sites because there isn't any deep targets. This was just desert before they built on it and brought topsoil in to grow grass on. In the sand playgrounds, the depth is there and I am recovering coins I had missed before. Not because I didn't put my coil over them, but because the coils I used wouldn't sound off on them. Ground coverage is more important to me than depth and I had selected machines and coils based upon this in the past. The T2 hunts these sites quickly and effectively with lots of depth.

:nono: When I'm hunting the modern park sites, the predominate trash item changes to steel bottle caps. I have grown tired of steel bottle caps giving a high coin signal, either by a high tone when in the 3, 3b, and 4 tone audio modes, or by TID number in the 2+ audio mode. I love tone id because I can hunt by tone id. High tone should be a coin or silver signal 99% of the time in a modern park. I shouldn't have to analyze a meter reading to determine if that high tone is really a coin or a trash target. Based upon of my hunt results yesterday, I will no longer use the T2 in modern parks. It is just too time consuming dealing with the caps and removes the fun aspect. Especially when I already have a machine like the Golden uMax that excels in that type of hunt environment.

:clap: When I hunt the older out of the way places where steel bottle caps aren't the predominate trash targets, the T2 runs fine. You have seen the recent reports of how it handles iron and that has been my experience also when I get to hunt sites where iron is the main trash target.

Happy Tek'ing :detecting:

Hey Mike,
Did you get the Fe spike that was discussed a few days ago on the bottle cap?
Don

Hi Don,

Yes, when the top soil is deep enough that I can get .03 or less on the Fe meter, then I can see it plainly but when the norm is .1 and .3, the spike doesn't show. Yes, I can analyze the signal and call the shallow caps (0-4") right most of the time but I'm tired of spending time on them. I want to hear a repeatable high coin tone, glance at the meter and check for nickel or high tone, pinpoint and dig and see a coin or a piece of jewelry and move to the next one. If I have to spend time analyzing what should be a sure thing 99% of the time, I'm wasting my time. No, I don't mind spending time on gold range targets, just the dime range up.

I'm not saying I don't like the T2. I am saying I have decided my time is more valuable than a rusty steel bottle cap and I have a machine that favors my time in these sites and being the smart fellow I am, its time to acknowledge it and move on. The T2 favors my time at other types of site conditions and I am perfectly happy to continue to use it when hunting those.

It needs to be said.

Happy Tek'ing :detecting:

Why waste time if another machine does the caps better....it be....what it be and it ain't gonna change.
Wish I had run into bottlecaps....might seek out an old park and see what happens. Probably the eaxct same thing I am sure.
Scott

I feel the same way, I just wondered if the spike occurred. Some of the guys reported it and others did not.
HH
Don