Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I thought,Titanium or Stainless....nope It's 950!!

bob.oz

I was able to get in the water yesterday by 4pm and hunt till after 8:30pm.Tide was still going out and the water was calm and gin clear when I started. Dug a lot of tabs, sinkers, few coins and a couple earrings for the first hour and a half, eyeballed the sunglasses on the bottom....the gold colored chain and pendent wasn't even close to an exciting moment, looked like junk in the scoop!! The ring was a good target, but to me, judging by the tiny hallmark (which I figured said stainless or titanium), color, appearance and weight (only,6.0g) I put it in my pocket without a second thought. Dug the 925 chain on my way out....was happy thinking I at least got some silver!!
Thinking I had not found anything good to post and boast, I got home, cleaned up, ate and fell asleep watching the news.
Got up this morning and checked out my finds from yesterday......Chains were as I figured one junk and the other a 9.2g 30" 925 rope chain. But the big.... GOOD MORNING!!, the mark in the ring is 950 .....first plat this year, second ever. GL ALL

Hot diggety dang! That one sure makes up for those titaniums! Very great hunting!:clapping:
Mud

That ring really had me fooled....It weighs and looks so much like a typical Titanium ring. The design is similar of many Titanium and Tungsten rings that are found by us water hunters way too much lately. But It didn't have the weight of Tungsten, and weighing just 6 grams had me believing Titanium....never even giving Platinum a thought. Maybe because the only other Plat band I found was a beast at 15.3g.:cool:
Hope you made that lake hunt Metalfun, Good luck Mud.

Wow. I am not sure that my heart would take me reading a 950 in a ring. It gets enough exercise when I find a silver coin or a gold ring. Congratulations on an excellent find.