Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I use an Olympus D600L...

A

Anonymous

And have a macro lens ordered. Hope to make my close-ups look as good as my normal shots do. Any help or expertise always welcomed.
Good hunting... Guvner..

Here is the picture from Olympus's web site that convinced me to buy the camera. Being a bit of a newbie I thought B-Macro was a selection and not an accessory lens that needed to be bought. I just did order the lens the other night. Here is the picture taken with the macro lens in any case so you can see what caught my interest.
Good hunting... Guvner..

Nice pic ... and you're right ... it IS pretty big at 900K. Only reason I looked is that I got an ADSL connection last week so it loaded pretty fast. I know you wanted to show the picture at maximum rsolution to show the effect of the macro lens but you wouldn't loose much resolution and it could be a tenth the size with a little optimization. Then the non-high speed users could enjoy the picture(s) ;^)
Hope you enjoy your digital camera ... can't wait to see the finds, etc.
HH ... Gord.

I've been using... Will get to that sooner or later...
Guvner..

I know there are some stand-alone optimizers but can't remember what they are (were posted on some detecting forums awhile back). Seemed to be differing views as to how effective they are. If you find some good ones they'd be great to post on this forum as lots of people still post pics which are much too big.
I've used the optimizers built into Adobe Photoshop 5.5 and Microsoft Photodraw 2000 and they both work real good and are easy to use.
Good luck on this forum ... should help lots of people ... Gord.

think its 30 day trial deal.I dont have a digital camera or a macro for my 35 mm camera.When I scan coins on my scanner I usually do them at 300 dpi then resize with Photoshop LE and cut a way the excess.