Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was tickled at his excitement detecting

JFlynn

My grandboy has never really took to anything like this. He pretty much does what a lot of kids do nowadays. I traveled out to his great grandmas house, 200 acres, to detect and he wanted to go. We found some coins and a few pieces of metal that were gold colored. May as well been gold and I left it that way. What we did find were quite a few headstamps. They were the golden tickets for the day. He dug most of the targets and would really get excited when the pinpointer went off. He would say "I got it" it's a 20, then it's a 12, no. 7, then some 16's. no. 5 all meaning the gauge and the shot size. Tickled me to dump the finds out on the tailgate and for him to go through them. I'm gonna get out there soon again and let him run the compadre and see what becomes of it. Fun stuff..................Makro CF 77 the tool some headstamps were deeeep in the fields.

Jack, that sounds awesome!! He looks like he will be the next generation of detectorists since you have placed the 'bug' in him. Fine looking young fellow. Glad y'all had fun!!!! A grandpa and his grandson.......nothing like it.

n/t