Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I will get flamed for asking... But... how does it air test?

Reaney in NH

Now, I supose I should clarify why I am asking this... I hunt alot of plowed fields... DISTURBED ground... Machine that don't air test well tend to do very poorly in DISTURBED ground.... But, machines that Air test well tend to do very well.

Examples... Explorer, and Soverign... very poor in Air test... but are very deep in UNDISTURBED ground.... But, do Poorly in a plowed field.

Tesoro Tejon, Air tests very well.... and also does very well in Plowed fields.

Ok.. So Flame away... but someone please answer my question. I am planning to order one soon.
Reaney in NH

With Sens set at max (20) using All Metal, I was able to get an audible response on a .57 Enfield bullet to 15 inches. 14K gold ring at 16" and a 10 pound Parrot shell at 28 inches. This was done indoors and I had no problems with interference. I agree about plowed ground using Explorer's or Sov's. I go to All Metal/Iron Mask to search plowed fields. I'm very anxious to try the X-Terra in some of the plowed ground I hunt. So far I'm very impressed with the X-Terra 50. I believe they are going to be another great addition to my battery of detectors. Good hunting, David @ Dixie

You have a point.
And results are good both in controlled testing and in the ploughed fields.

Here I posted before:
I have tested in a farm field that is full of nails. You may have read that I flip in to all metal to tell if it is a nail.

This is why.....Because if there is a nail, you get the low tone, if it is combined with a better target you get the better tone mixed in also. In this field I pulled many nails to learn what the detector was telling me. But from this I was able too unearth 2 musket balls, 3 buttons(1 small cuff, 1 top of a two pc, And a flat). None of the targets above were shallower than 4 inches. Most were 8 inches and deeper. This is not a virgin site. It has been detected many times over by some very good detectorist. So to get much of anything is a surprise.

No better way to understand and learn a new detector than to dig a few "iffy" targets. Plus it builds your confidence when you find your detector is telling you good from bad targets. Keep us posted. Good hunting, David