Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'd also like to know how others feel about how the quattro is on land hunting?

yogaguy

Hi all. As Harry mentioned in his post, I would also like to know what others have experienced with the Quattro on land? I know it's awesome on the beaches from what I've read, but would like to know more about land hunting. I hunt with it in the southwestern part of Wisconsin and I've gotten about 6-7 inches with it so far. I was also wondering what people mean on here when they say to swing the quattro "slow and low?" I understand the slow part, but when they mention low are they talking about keeping it as close to the ground as possible all the time? Might be an obvious answer but I'm still getting used to some of the lingo used with detectors. Thank's all for your comments and suggestions. HH. Randy

I HAVE A QUATTRO COMING NEXT TUESDAY AND WAS CURIOUS HOW IT WOULD DO ON LAND COMPARED TO MY DFX. THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING OVER ALL THE PAST POSTS WHICH WILL I'M SURE BE HELPFUL. I LIVE IN MICHIGAN AND WILL BE HUNTING PRIMARILY ON LAND FOR COINS AND JEWELERY. RANDY

I spend my time relic hunting and I dig all non-ferrous metals...... I slow down in areas where targets are deep and get good results.... I suspect with a smaller coil, the Quattro
would be good hunting coins...... Some of the problems that others experienced with the Q, I never had, I don't know if my machine was............ Overall, I think with a little practice, you'll be loving the Quattro... Have fun, Richardntn

Richard is right, the Quattro is an excellent coin machine even with the standard coil. I spent 20 minutes at the local schoolyard this afternoon and came back with over $2 in clad. Once you get used to it, the coins really sing out at you.

"Low" means keep the coil close to the ground. When pinpointing I have found that actually raising the coil 5-6" off the ground really helps. Please get Andy's book and read it. The manual is o.k. but you need Andy's book as well. Also please bear in mind that it will take you a while to get used to what the Quattro is telling you.

I heartly agree. I'm a pretty tech oriented guy at heart and it still took me a couple of weeks of reading Andy's book, the owners manual and testing it out on stuff to really get the hang of it, but once I did, it seemed to make sense. I had trouble with all the different tones and stuff and kind of got freaked out by it all, but like they say, just slow down and take your time and it'll all come together. Don't forget you can buy different size excellerator coils from Kellyco either larger or smaller for different aplications, but I really think the coil that comes with it is an excellent all around coil.